Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] City fans reaction

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I had a bit of time on my hands today and visited the Blue Moon matchday thread. 257 pages at the time. Loved it. Started with them saying how classy the Brighton fans are and a lovely stadium. Very happy with their first goal. Then a constant tirade of abuse and foul language from the sending off onwards. Everybody is against them, we're all dirty cheats, the officials are all bent. Great fun enjoying the progression of the match from 0-2 to 3-2.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I had a bit of time on my hands today and visited the Blue Moon matchday thread. 257 pages at the time. Loved it. Started with them saying how classy the Brighton fans are and a lovely stadium. Very happy with their first goal. Then a constant tirade of abuse and foul language from the sending off onwards. Everybody is against them, we're all dirty cheats, the officials are all bent. Great fun enjoying the progression of the match from 0-2 to 3-2.
The #teamslikebrighton tag was trending heavily.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
There can’t be many worse fanbases around at the moment than City’s. I sat in their end for the cup final against Wigan and the only time they made any noise was when they started fighting amongst themselves.

They also only half sold their allocation when we played them in the FA Cup semi. Yes they had a lot of games at Wembley at that time but can you imagine Man Utd or Liverpool not selling out.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Aren’t City fans the only ones amongst the English ESL scab teams not to have protested?

Sums them up, really. It’s a shame the way that bought success has ruined what used to be a good supporter base, and changed them into an entitled,pathetic, childish bunch of whining twats.

I did read one comment that said something along the lines that City should leave for the ESL and leave teams like Brighton "steaming in their own piss".

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There can’t be many worse fanbases around at the moment than City’s. I sat in their end for the cup final against Wigan and the only time they made any noise was when they started fighting amongst themselves.

They also only half sold their allocation when we played them in the FA Cup semi. Yes they had a lot of games at Wembley at that time but can you imagine Man Utd or Liverpool not selling out.

I can see the lack of interest, they would be expecting to win through to the final, so go to that instead, and if they didn't win through, they wouldn't have wanted to have witnessed losing to crappy Brighton.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What makes me smile the most is that the City fans, or at least some on their forum, believe Potter sent the players out to kick lumps out of their players.

Let that sink in.......Potter telling his players to harm fellow professionals. Graham Potter.

I just cant believe GP would ever instruct anything along those lines, EVER

The same Graham Potter who sent Andone and Knockaert out on loan after some wild tackling - that Graham Potter

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hello. I come in peace! Congratulations on your historic win against us, you do right to enjoy it.

Howler, I’ve been genuinely shocked by the childish vitriol on this thread. To answer one poster - I’ve been a MCFC season ticket holder since 1968, so I hope I qualify for a reasoned point of view.

I came to Brighton to watch us win the title - we all had a great day, thanks in large part to the superb attitude of Albion fans, but also the Real Ale and best fish n chips in the sunshine- oh, and special mention to the fantastic disco band !

Both home and away we’ve always found the fans to be sociable to share a beer and reasoned point of view. We have always appreciated the style of play Albion try to play. Sadly, thanks to what I’ve read on this thread, all that now appears to have changed.

Let’s go straight to the officiating ‘issue’. Having been alarmed at the ineptitude of the Atwell and Moss (VAR) I sought opinions from supporters of other clubs - we, like you disagreed on the cancelo sending off - let’s be honest, it could have been seen three different ways, and I still maintain welbeck kicked the back of cancelos leg, but tbh that wasn’t the big issue for us. What’s concerning, and should concern ALL fans, is the incompetence of VAR. to put a bit of balance to it; Brighton were denied a blatant handball penalty. The Brighton winger should have seen a straight red for his assault on gundogan - totally unnecessary given the game was of no importance.

Jesus WAS fouled for a penalty. Foden was ‘washing-lined’ in the throat as a petulant reaction to his dancing around the defender before scoring. Constant niggling fouls, kicking backs of legs that went unpunished. That’s with my blue tinted glasses on of course, and we’re definitely not premadonnas, and as PEP said ‘WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT SEASON’.

What can’t be denied is that Atwell was yet again out of his depth. It’s his first season and he bottled it infront of fans. Moss was VAR, he’s been awful for years whoever he refs. we had the reverse combo earlier in the season with same ineptitude shown.

It’s not just MCFC - What about Mike Deane at the WBA game - a self confessed Liverpool fan who was banned from officiating their games for several years UNTIL that game, and makes what dermot Gallagher said was “an unusual mistake for a seasoned referee ; in allowing the quick free kick that they scored from. The disallowed goal is debatable too IMO. Leicester won’t be playing in the CL because Liverpool, ‘somehow’ won. THAT MATTERS TO THEM. There have been countless examples this season for ALL clubs - and it starts to look more like corruption involved as opposed to ineptitude. But I rather thought we, as supporters, were all in this together, but the idiotic comments in this thread, suggests otherwise.

And, while we’re at it, the MEN is biased towards United, not City - the fans here don’t buy it, so don’t quote that rag! VAR issues should be of concern to us all, whoever you support.

So, thanks for listening. It’s a shame after being supportive of what your manager/club are trying to do, that after reading the garbage written in this thread, that me and my fellow supporters, now feel very differently towards your club and its fans- and that’s a shame...........see you next season.cheerio.

The TL;DR version: We’ve liked you on the 5 occasions we won. However, we’re bad losers and don’t like you now you’ve beaten us.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Hello. I come in peace! Congratulations on your historic win against us, you do right to enjoy it.

Howler, I’ve been genuinely shocked by the childish vitriol on this thread. To answer one poster - I’ve been a MCFC season ticket holder since 1968, so I hope I qualify for a reasoned point of view.

I came to Brighton to watch us win the title - we all had a great day, thanks in large part to the superb attitude of Albion fans, but also the Real Ale and best fish n chips in the sunshine- oh, and special mention to the fantastic disco band !

Both home and away we’ve always found the fans to be sociable to share a beer and reasoned point of view. We have always appreciated the style of play Albion try to play. Sadly, thanks to what I’ve read on this thread, all that now appears to have changed.

Let’s go straight to the officiating ‘issue’. Having been alarmed at the ineptitude of the Atwell and Moss (VAR) I sought opinions from supporters of other clubs - we, like you disagreed on the cancelo sending off - let’s be honest, it could have been seen three different ways, and I still maintain welbeck kicked the back of cancelos leg, but tbh that wasn’t the big issue for us. What’s concerning, and should concern ALL fans, is the incompetence of VAR. to put a bit of balance to it; Brighton were denied a blatant handball penalty. The Brighton winger should have seen a straight red for his assault on gundogan - totally unnecessary given the game was of no importance.

Jesus WAS fouled for a penalty. Foden was ‘washing-lined’ in the throat as a petulant reaction to his dancing around the defender before scoring. Constant niggling fouls, kicking backs of legs that went unpunished. That’s with my blue tinted glasses on of course, and we’re definitely not premadonnas, and as PEP said ‘WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT SEASON’.

What can’t be denied is that Atwell was yet again out of his depth. It’s his first season and he bottled it infront of fans. Moss was VAR, he’s been awful for years whoever he refs. we had the reverse combo earlier in the season with same ineptitude shown.

It’s not just MCFC - What about Mike Deane at the WBA game - a self confessed Liverpool fan who was banned from officiating their games for several years UNTIL that game, and makes what dermot Gallagher said was “an unusual mistake for a seasoned referee ; in allowing the quick free kick that they scored from. The disallowed goal is debatable too IMO. Leicester won’t be playing in the CL because Liverpool, ‘somehow’ won. THAT MATTERS TO THEM. There have been countless examples this season for ALL clubs - and it starts to look more like corruption involved as opposed to ineptitude. But I rather thought we, as supporters, were all in this together, but the idiotic comments in this thread, suggests otherwise.

And, while we’re at it, the MEN is biased towards United, not City - the fans here don’t buy it, so don’t quote that rag! VAR issues should be of concern to us all, whoever you support.

So, thanks for listening. It’s a shame after being supportive of what your manager/club are trying to do, that after reading the garbage written in this thread, that me and my fellow supporters, now feel very differently towards your club and its fans- and that’s a shame...........see you next season.cheerio.

What a load of old bollocks. You wanna try supporting us, the amount of decisions this season going against us is laughable. As for trying to kick you of the pitch. **** off, we’re no Burnley that’s for sure. I wished you’d ****ed off to your super league now.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Im sorry but your moans will fall on deaf ears here. You complain about not getting decisions go your way, but if you're a bottom half Prem team playing against a City/Liverpool/United/Chelsea THEN THAT IS THE STORY FOR US EVERY TIME WE PLAY YOU. The reality is that any injustices you felt in our game happens constantly when the smaller teams in the league play the top six. Refs constantly bottle the big decisions and seem star struck in front of celebrity players. Classic example, we played you in the semi of the FA Cup 2 seasons back and Walker doesnt get sent off for a head butt, even with VAR. Every person in the stadium saw that head butt and still the big team player gets let off.

You're describing a lot of incidents from our game with City tinted specs on, but even if each of them was the injustice you believe it to be just take a step back and realise that teams like City are also fortunate on many occasions with refereeing decisions

Last edited:

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset

So you`ve been watching City since 68 and you have self righteously painted yourself as whiter than white . The truth is painfully simple , the ref made some bad calls for BOTH teams , get over it . Both teams should probably have had a penalty but they didn`t , get over it . There were a few poor tackles , i agree the Jahanbaksh one looked very naughty but thankfully not too serious , but they were not all one way , so get over it .

But what really p***es you off is that you LOST to a team you arrogantly expected not just to beat but to hammer , i read your main site before KO , there were so many 3-0 s and 4-0s and smash the f****rs it was embarrassing . Well you didn`t and 10 men or 11 , we outplayed you for most of the game and you bloody well know it , so GET OVER IT .

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It’s a shame after being supportive of what your manager/club are trying to do, that after reading the garbage written in this thread, that me and my fellow supporters, now feel very differently towards your club and its fans- and that’s a shame...........see you next season.cheerio.

Anyone who has browsed through a small fraction of the 1000+ posts on Blue Moon's post match thread would be under no illusion as to what changed your fans mind about Brighton. It was losing to us. Be honest enough to admit it. You all liked the idea of Brighton being a supermarket own brand version of what Guardiola does at City. You liked the opportunity to pat us on the head and congratulate us for playing the game in the right way, all the time we still lost to you. Potter and Hughton have both said that to win against the top teams our side has to be at the top of our game, to catch them on a day when they are not and to enjoy a bit of luck. That is what happened on Tuesday. Our lot had the crowd behind them and were up for it, half of your lot were thinking about the Champions League. A couple of close calls went our way. That is all. Referees were not incompetent or corrupt. Nobody kicked anybody off the park. Nobody showed anyone any disrespect. It was a hard fought game of football with some excellent goals from both sides and for once your team was on the wrong side of the scoreline. The meltdown it has caused amongst the fans on your forum is truly astounding.

Have a bit of perspective. We knocked you out of the league cup when we were a third tier side in the week that you became the richest club in the world. We stuffed you 4-1 at the Goldstone in the top division in my first ever game at the Goldstone in 1979. Both mattered more and were worse defeats. Neither result caused this type of tin foil hat lunacy. Your team has been down to the third tier, done the cold Februarys at Mansfield, won friends and respect and come all the way back up. You got lucky with new owners and have built one of the best teams in the world. So you lost a dead rubber against someone in the bottom half: after you'd won the league for the third time in four years. Swallow it. The rest of us have to. Have the humility to accept that despite your massive superiority, the fact that this can occasionally happen is part of what makes football the best sport in the world. The reaction of your fans has been embarrassingly laughable and coming on here with a patronising lecture at some of our lot because they have spoken this truth in a partisan way is a ridiculous exhibition of hubris on your part. You might believe Man City to be the aristocrats of football with the right to lecture the proles about civility and respect to our betters. To us you are just another opponent who we think about no more than twice a year. We care just as little about your cries of shame as you all did about our club before we had the temerity to actually beat you.

It was a game of football. You lost. Get over it. Move on. We all did when you stuffed us 4-1 and 5-0 on your last two visits.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Anyone who has browsed through a small fraction of the 1000+ posts on Blue Moon's post match thread would be under no illusion as to what changed your fans mind about Brighton. It was losing to us. Be honest enough to admit it. You all liked the idea of Brighton being a supermarket own brand version of what Guardiola does at City. You liked the opportunity to pat us on the head and congratulate us for playing the game in the right way, all the time we still lost to you. Potter and Hughton have both said that to win against the top teams our side has to be at the top of our game, to catch them on a day when they are not and to enjoy a bit of luck. That is what happened on Tuesday. Our lot had the crowd behind them and were up for it, half of your lot were thinking about the Champions League. A couple of close calls went our way. That is all. Referees were not incompetent or corrupt. Nobody kicked anybody off the park. Nobody showed anyone any disrespect. It was a hard fought game of football with some excellent goals from both sides and for once your team was on the wrong side of the scoreline. The meltdown it has caused amongst the fans on your forum is truly astounding.

Have a bit of perspective. We knocked you out of the league cup when we were a third tier side in the week that you became the richest club in the world. We stuffed you 4-1 at the Goldstone in the top division in my first ever game at the Goldstone in 1979. Both mattered more and were worse defeats. Neither result caused this type of tin foil hat lunacy. Your team has been down to the third tier, done the cold Februarys at Mansfield, won friends and respect and come all the way back up. You got lucky with new owners and have built one of the best teams in the world. So you lost a dead rubber against someone in the bottom half: after you'd won the league for the third time in four years. Swallow it. The rest of us have to. Have the humility to accept that despite your massive superiority, the fact that this can occasionally happen is part of what makes football the best sport in the world. The reaction of your fans has been embarrassingly laughable and coming on here with a patronising lecture at some of our lot because they have spoken this truth in a partisan way is a ridiculous exhibition of hubris on your part. You might believe Man City to be the aristocrats of football with the right to lecture the proles about civility and respect to our betters. To us you are just another opponent who we think about no more than twice a year. We care just as little about your cries of shame as you all did about our club before we had the temerity to actually beat you.

It was a game of football. You lost. Get over it. Move on. We all did when you stuffed us 4-1 and 5-0 on your last two visits.
Perfect,..... would be a great balance on their own platform and post match thread.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Well said.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Marvellous!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
i read your main site before KO , there were so many 3-0 s and 4-0s and smash the f****rs it was embarrassing .

That alone is an indication of how few of them are genuine football supporters. Anyone who follows the PL would know that Brighton rarely get thrashed - only three defeats by two or more goals all season (and none in 2021). I'll be honest, I was expecting us to lose, but I'd have been shocked if it had been by more than two goals.

Can I also add my support to Stato's post - it sums everything up perfectly.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The day the dirty money dries up and City revert back to their natural status there are going to be 20k empty seats at the Etihad for many home games. City fans forgetting where they came from.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales

You lost me at Hello .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ironic that you should refer to City fans as ‘entitled tossers’ (how many have you actually met?) and then proceed to childishly whine on about how you booed the guard of honour, want them kicked out of football and decisions against Brighton.

When in fact, you wouldn’t be seeing your team play ‘good football’ these days, had it not been for Fraudiola /City changing the way the game (football) is played.

City aren’t ‘dirty’, they don’t cheat, they allow other teams to play, they’re not arrogant (nor are the fans), they’re humble in victory and most of the time gracious in defeat. It’s jealousy that spurs this nonsense you’re peddling.
As for the Petroclub crap - are you seriously saying you personally don’t use the stuff? If your going to be so self righteous, you need to take a good look at your own owners background and the fact that I’ve heard rumours today of an FA investigation into betting irregularities associated with the officiating of the game. If you ask a Lincoln City fan -they’d be jealous Brighton at the moment because you’ve got more money - and you’re not the least bit concerned how your owner came by it - ARE YOU?

I did see the handball by City player, and we called it as a penalty - Atwell and Moss didn’t, they were as wrong about that as most of the decisions they made that evening, and mere incompetence doesn’t cover it IMO- and that’s a problem for ALL supporters.

The Moss/Atwell combo has been mired in controversy before and Atwell was removed from officiating premier league games for X9 years for exactly this stuff.

I previously enjoyed my time visiting your club, and entertaining your away fans at our place - but prats like you and others in this thread have completely changed the way we think of your club. I think you’ll notice that next season.
As it ha[SUB]ppens, your manager has already issued a public apology to MCFC staff for the behavior of the club that night........[/SUB]

Do you have a link to this apology for the behaviour of the club? You’re getting your knickers in a twist and behaving like a spoilt child as are so many City fans. Losing from 2-0 up is tough but come on toys out of the pram is pathetic.

I have seen an apology from Potter about his celebrations (not that I think it’s necessary but he’s that kind of guy). Nowhere have I seen anyone apologising for the behaviour of the club, why would we be apologising anyway.

You have either twisted the details of the apology or just plain made it up :shrug:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

I did the same, reading both, their matchday thread and also their post match analysis. The change in their posts from before KO through the game was astonishing, such entitlement, though I do have sympathy with them over the atrocious refereeing/var decisions particularly the very soft red card and also Ali J's knee high challenge on Gundogan, both could have gone for them, I.E. overturned red and upgraded red. Saying that, the abuse to our players all being tarred as thugs and our supporters being denigrated for supporting our team was disgusting and laughable in the extreme.
I think from the comments next years games could be a bit spicy so bring it on? After all we're just little old Brighton and not worthy of being on the same pitch as their multi-millionaire team and petrol state backed club.
How dare we have the temerity to score goals against them.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Big thumbs up! Well put.

Also to add, I saw the vast majority of the crowd clap the guard of honour and the Man City team on to the pitch, acknowledge the skill of Foden’s goal until he became the panto villain and lastly feel we showed them great respect and a very warm welcome when they won the league at the Amex a couple of years ago.

It was only a few weeks ago that their club were nestling themselves into the smug, warm bosom of the ESL circus. As someone else has mentioned, they were the only club whose fans did not protest. They showed no commitment to football culture and history and showed no solidarity to the fans of the other five clubs who protested or every football fan across the nation and Europe. They had a duty and an opportunity to show to the world that they disagreed with the concept of franchise leagues, competition monopoly, and the rich getting richer whilst the rest can just sod off. They did nothing. Yet a lot of them got very hot under the collar over a poor tackle and a soft red card. Shows where their priorities lie, draw your own conclusions, but as a fan base they have gone down in my estimation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here