Christmas dinner?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They need cropping and crossing and,how else do you tip them with cranberry sauce on the plate?

None of the big hotels cross them. Nor do I. Chuck them in as is and when you drain them the crap old leaves will have fallen off so just pick them out. Even Gordon Ramsey and Jamie Oliver don't cross their sprouts .... and yes I know they're both tossers !

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
None of the big hotels cross them. Nor do I. Chuck them in as is and when you drain them the crap old leaves will have fallen off so just pick them out. Even Gordon Ramsey and Jamie Oliver don't cross their sprouts .... and yes I know they're both tossers !

Fair enough,i don't either (the missus does mine)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Pssst .... it's a fallacy that sprouts need crossing ..... there you go, you now have time for an extra beer :thumbsup:

Even if I could convince the In-Law that is the truth it wouldn't give me time for beer, it would give me time to trim parsnips or some other shitty job.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Christmas Dinner or Lunch at home with the Family.

Nothing wrong with that or in my opinion any of the ideas,so long as one can at least try to have some family time,life is short and although some ideas have been mocked on here,it matters not....i would have a bag of crisps on Xmas day if i had too,so long as my family were happy..

Sounds all a bit soppy and forgive me i am getting a little emotional-my mum passed 8 years ago and this Xmas i will have our 2nd daughters first Xmas (she will be 5 months) not a day goes by without thinking of mum and time although it helps,the grief creeps up now and again.....

The latest GWF junior? well she is the spitting image of her departed NAN....

Right enough of that who wants a fight on boxing day.....(wipes tears away) i'm a man beer,larger,belch (that's better) thanks for listening :lolol:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I celebrate the birth of some bloke called Jesus who did some good things apparently. Whether or not he had anything to do with God is another matter entirely.

I've done a few good things. Would you like to skip work in April and give gifts in my name? I'm amendable to such a day. March 13th is celebrated every year by Scientologists all over the planet.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Not even given it a thought yet and I won't be for some time, why? because it is still November.
I do not even start to think about it until at least 15th December.
People who have already put their decorations up are piles of pus.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Working. Eighty covers booked in. Which is great. It's always fun, and it's quite satisfying helping make other peoples day special - And for a shed load of cash of course! :thumbsup:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Christmas meal just got cancelled

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Family. Ordered a 6 week hung forerib of beef from a farm in Scotland, had one last year and it was just fantastic. I do the cooking. Bake-off fan and talented cook daughter will do dessert, much champers and wine will be drunk, probably with neighbours in the morning before I fall asleep after lunch on the sofa during some traditional board games late afternoon, waking up for cheese and biscuits, with a vintage port or two. Wouldn't have it any other way.

This would be my xmas day to a tee. If only I didn't have to go to the ******* out-laws every ******* year.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This would be my xmas day to a tee. If only I didn't have to go to the ******* out-laws every ******* year.

This year we have agreed to visit nobody and have no visitors,4 days of freedom,bliss.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports