GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At the Grand with wife, thee kids and mum, this will be a first as all but youngest who's 12 will be able to enjoy alcohol should they wish......

Ha. I'm staying there over Xmas. Let me know if you fancy a cheeky Xmas drink.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Goose this year - first time I'll have cooked that. All participants other than me are nervous about straying from the normal turkey and beef dinner - sod 'em, I say. If they don't want goose, they can always cook their own Xmas dinner.

Turkey on the day but I also organize a trad German goose evening with friends around mid December.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Breakfast, friends and family walk on the downs, pub for a pint all home for trad turkey roast. Would like one year for myself and the missus to just get away but she's fond of the whole family thing at Christmas. Which means in-laws which means I won't get a say in anything and will spend the afternoon doing menial tasks like crossing sprouts and peeling spuds, serving the family and clearing up after, I'll have to dig deep to contribute money to the whole thing even though I won't get a say in the choice of cheeses or wines and I'll have to say thank you. Frankly I'm looking forward to it all being over and getting back to work.

I celebrate the birth of some bloke called Jesus who did some good things apparently. Whether or not he had anything to do with God is another matter entirely.

Personally I use it as an excuse to eat shit loads of good grub and drink excessively.

It's what Jebus would have wanted.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Mrs P's daughter hopefully moves into her new house in the next couple weeks, so we will most likely be going there for a traditional turkey dinner. Although I have been informed I will need to take my own sprouts as said daughter hates them and even refuses to cook them!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Goose this year - first time I'll have cooked that. All participants other than me are nervous about straying from the normal turkey and beef dinner - sod 'em, I say. If they don't want goose, they can always cook their own Xmas dinner.

Nornally have goose if there is only a few of us. You will need to pour off the copious quantities of Fat at a regular interval (Normally keep and freeze it for Roast potatoes) and 1 Goose will only serve about 6 people, but it is delicious.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Christmas dinner with family at youngest sons. In general conversation I once said some years ago I would like 1 Christmas in a hot country, eldest son phoned when wife went for chemo that he would pay for us to go to Australia for Christmas. The offer was declined but a great gesture.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Breakfast, friends and family walk on the downs, pub for a pint all home for trad turkey roast. Would like one year for myself and the missus to just get away but she's fond of the whole family thing at Christmas. Which means in-laws which means I won't get a say in anything and will spend the afternoon doing menial tasks like crossing sprouts and peeling spuds, serving the family and clearing up after, I'll have to dig deep to contribute money to the whole thing even though I won't get a say in the choice of cheeses or wines and I'll have to say thank you. Frankly I'm looking forward to it all being over and getting back to work.

Pssst .... it's a fallacy that sprouts need crossing ..... there you go, you now have time for an extra beer :thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Pssst .... it's a fallacy that sprouts need crossing ..... there you go, you now have time for an extra beer :thumbsup:

They need cropping and crossing and,how else do you tip them with cranberry sauce on the plate?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here