Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas Day - at what time will you be drinking your first alcoholic drink?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A pre-lunch glass of champagne when we arrive at my sister-in law's sometime after midday.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
A small tincture of Dow's Ruby Port about 10am whilst peeling the spuds. Then another whilst peeling the carrots. A third while I make Yorkshire puddings. And then...
Well you get the picture, need to be half cut by the time the in-laws arrive

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
About 5pm I expect. Don't like daytime drinking plus have to drive to Charlton in the morning. Tend to have Christmas dinner at 6 or 7.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I never drink before breakfast so I'll have to get up very early tomorrow!

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Boxing Day for me... Hopefully at the test match.
Christmas Day is spent with South Africa's equivalent of Billy Graham so alcohol is off limits (no fun for an agnostic!). At least he likes football and cricket though.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
For reasons ive been unable to fathom.... they celebrate xmas day here..today?? ..its their big day, so were off!

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
I'm driving my mum back to Haywards Heath early evening so I suspect that I'll have to wait until Dr Who time before cracking open the crate of Bath Ales that are currently residing in my shed. That's if I still have a shed after last nights storm, I came to work before it got light this morning so I don't actually know what sort of state my back garden is in!

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
My first Xmas without a drink unfortunately. Over 9 months without a drink by then, its gonna be a loooooong day!!

Good for you,this will be my 12th sober Christmas and if it's any consolation to you they've got better and better,no more horrid hangovers and remembering what I said and done the night before are just a few bonuses,and the kids have a better time too without a drunken fool around!!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Got a bottle of ridge view sparkling wine to accompany breakfast

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Good for you,this will be my 12th sober Christmas and if it's any consolation to you they've got better and better,no more horrid hangovers and remembering what I said and done the night before are just a few bonuses,and the kids have a better time too without a drunken fool around!!

Thanks Nick, I'm so glad you said it gets easier! One thing I've struggled with is the fact that it hasn't got any easier so far! I'm hoping that as the milestones get ticked off (Xmas, one full year etc) that it will. As you say, being able to actually remember & enjoy it this year will go a long way to helping!!
Have a good one.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oddly I rarely drink on Christmas day unless we head to the pub for a lunch time cheeky. I have a few on Christmas eve so not really that fussed about booze on the day.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Boxing Day given the shite rail service.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
7am, glass of bucks fizz with opening presents :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here