[Misc] Christians seem to be really good people

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
Kuzushi, do you sometimes post on here about Albion and football in general?
Sometimes I do. At the moment I find myself posting mostly on this thread.
I assume you wouldn't expect divine help from above if we are not doing well during a game.
I would like to be able to call on the Almighty to help us, but that would probably be unfair.
I think that next season will exceed this season, though.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Kuzushi, do you sometimes post on here about Albion and football in general?
I assume you wouldn't expect divine help from above if we are not doing well during a game.
They had a very recent thread about how football TV coverage camera angles that progressively got odder as religious themes crept in. Fairly sure Mustafa started this thread as bait for Kuzushi tbh. Perhaps he really is making profits for Bozza.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
They had a very recent thread about how football TV coverage camera angles that progressively got odder as religious themes crept in. Fairly sure Mustafa started this thread as bait for Kuzushi tbh. Perhaps he really is making profits for Bozza.
'Kuzushi' is apparently a Japanese term for 'unbalancing an opponent'.
Quite apt, as there's a lot of unbalanced claptrap going on, here.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
Is this your first post on this thread?

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
Yeah, I've barely read it as the subject doesn't particularly interest me. Just dipped in out of curiosity.
Well, it started off as someone saying that Christians are really good people, and as you can see now we are discussing how we can be sure that Jesus rose from the dead. I'm saying that if he didn't rise from the dead, his followers would have known and wouldn't have bothered writing the New Testament, spreading the gospel, or dying as martyrs.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Well, it started off as someone saying that Christians are really good people, and as you can see now we are discussing how I can be sure that Jesus rose from the dead. I'm saying that if he didn't rise from the dead, his followers would have known and wouldn't have bothered writing the New Testament, spreading the gospel, or dying as martyrs.
Edited for accuracy.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
1687456826062.png

You're right, I am sure, but you can be too if you follow the logic where it leads without prejudice.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
I see it as, how can we know what the New Testament says is true, and your answer seems to be, because it says so in the New Testament.

I don't remember saying anything like that at all.
I'm saying that if he didn't rise from the dead, his followers would have known and wouldn't have bothered writing the New Testament, spreading the gospel, or dying as martyrs.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I'm saying that if he didn't rise from the dead, his followers would have known and wouldn't have bothered writing the New Testament, spreading the gospel, or dying as martyrs.
We know that's what you're saying (ad nauseum), but that still doesn't make it a fact, except in your head.
Gawd, go and do another table or something.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So despite 36 previous miracles, and following him and his teachings up to his crucifixion, you're saying they would have just wondered off like the end of Life of Brian without the resurrection?

Last edited:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
A simple question. The earth is 4.5 billion years old. Homo sapiens have existed for 300 thousand years. God created man in his own image. So, what exactly is “man”? A single celled animal? Or after the seven days did he wait 4.49999 billion years to create Adam & Eve and their incestuous family?,

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So your not saying anything like it must be true because, it says so in the New Testament, your saying it must be true, or they would not have bothered writing the new Testament?
'Kinell Kuzushi.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
We know that's what you're saying (ad nauseum), but that still doesn't make it a fact, except in your head.
Gawd, go and do another table or something.
I wonder whether you could be the person to explain it. Tell me please, birthofanorange, if Jesus didn't rise from the dead, why his followers bothered writing the New Testament, spreading the gospel, and dying as martyrs.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I wonder whether you could be the person to explain it. Tell me please, birthofanorange, if Jesus didn't rise from the dead, why his followers bothered writing the New Testament, spreading the gospel, and dying as martyrs.
Why would I have need to explain something that has all the hallmarks of a work of fiction? Perhaps you should write to the author and ask them yourself - maybe ask for an autograph, too.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
So your not saying anything like it must be true because, it says so in the New Testament, your saying it must be true, or they would not have bothered writing the new Testament?
'Kinell Kuzushi.
You've omitted the rest of what I said.
They not only wrote the New Testament (9 separate authors, apparently), but they were crucified, stoned to death, burned at the stake and fed to lions.
Thomas apparently travelled as far as Kerala in India to spread the gospel, where he ended up being killed.

There must be a reason for them to do all that, mustn't there?
If you reject the actual resurrection as the reason for them doing it, what else could have inspired all this.
As alternatives there is Bart Ehrman's group halluncination theory, or, well what else is there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports