Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christ I'm hungover

genuine albion

Aug 7, 2012
Ha! A mate put them in my fridge thinking it's what I drink. It's not but it's not disgusting. Anyway, I drank some yakult to rplace the bacteria in my gut and I made my weary way to my StepDad's gaff where I was served wholesome food, tea and cheeses and cosy telly. Early to bed and on with life tomorrow. Grief, what a troubled day it has been fpr Nibble. Thank you for your help, to the Doc, I'm certain you are right but no way can I face booze when I'm hungover.
Re: booze the following day. I said the same things for years, preferring to sweat it out but a fellow dr persuaded me to try it. Never looked back. You've got to fight fire with fire. Not necessary all the time but after a big one you can't crash land, you've got to bring it down gently.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I am a doctor and over the years have developed an effective hangover management system.
A hangover is combination of 3 things: dehydration, hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar caused by the alcohol) and alcohol withdrawal. Understand this and you know how best to handle it. Try this out next time you've overdone it.
1. Buy some co-codamol 8/500 and ibuprofen 400 mg from the chemist
2. Stop drinking ideally up to 1 hour before you go to sleep. There is nothing worse for a hangover than half a bottle of red or a few massive whiskeys consumed 10 minutes before passing out - all they do is leach into your system over night delaying your recovery
3. Use the time before sleep to drink plenDty of water - 2 pints should be enough (any more you just pee out). Take 2 co-codamol and an ibuprofen and VERY IMPORTANTLY eat something high in sugar eg a chocolate bar. Complex carbs like peanuts also will be helpful
4. As soon as you wake up take more tablets with a sugary drink like coke
5. Hair of the dog ASAP. single vodka will suffice
6. Drink plenty of water and eat something as soon as you feel able (even if it only a few mouthfuls)
7. Once you feel better go outside for some fresh air and get some gentle exercise
8. Have a couple of pints or few glasses of wine in the evening
9. following day or 2, abstain from alcohol completely to give the liver rest and chance to regenerate.

How's he going to remember that regime when he's pissed? When I was a drunkard I used to forget to get my knob out when I went for a piss let alone all that business.

I would have ended up with a codeine addiction too with the amount of hangovers I used to have.

When I worked in A & E we used a method which involved Oxygen, a saline drip and a good old IV of Voltarol, Maxalon and Ranitidine ( the BRUMAXATAC we called it) you'd be as right as ninepence in a few minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here