Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christ I'm hungover

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nice try flowerpot. Not much I can say to that. You told me. The overweight 30 something chav who can't handle his drink, wins.

All this silly bother because I wrote I was once given a Superdry jacket. You're a bloody idiot mate.

D

Deleted member 18477

Errr water! 2 litres... Get it down you!

Then a bacon or sausage sandwich and a cup of tea or glass of OJ.

Then go and get some fresh air, go for a walk or just sit in your garden.

Go to sleep earlier than usual tonight.

Or...

GET BACK ON THE BEERS SON!!! :drink:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Been working away and not touched a drop for a month. Got on it last night and went to bed lte/early after 8 John Smith's and 2 bottles of red. I'm ill. Any tips? Food etc? Not been in this way for about 8 years. Dirty Burger?

Top Bloke, Respect......:thumbsup:

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Fish finger sandwich with ketchup. Not to much chewing required. Then another couple of pints. Job done.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Throw yourself in the sea and have a swim about for about 30 mins. Sorts me right out if I'm on holiday. The shock to the system of the Channel should help too. Get plenty of water down thee too.

I thought you were better than John Smiths too. :)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
John Smiths was in the house for some reason.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
John Smiths was in the house for some reason.

Quick question Nibble. Why were you drinking John Smiths ?

"It was in the house " is no answer.

What is the matter with you ffs.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
There is NO CURE for a proper hangover.

genuine albion

Aug 7, 2012
I am a doctor and over the years have developed an effective hangover management system.
A hangover is combination of 3 things: dehydration, hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar caused by the alcohol) and alcohol withdrawal. Understand this and you know how best to handle it. Try this out next time you've overdone it.
1. Buy some co-codamol 8/500 and ibuprofen 400 mg from the chemist
2. Stop drinking ideally up to 1 hour before you go to sleep. There is nothing worse for a hangover than half a bottle of red or a few massive whiskeys consumed 10 minutes before passing out - all they do is leach into your system over night delaying your recovery
3. Use the time before sleep to drink plenty of water - 2 pints should be enough (any more you just pee out). Take 2 co-codamol and an ibuprofen and VERY IMPORTANTLY eat something high in sugar eg a chocolate bar. Complex carbs like peanuts also will be helpful
4. As soon as you wake up take more tablets with a sugary drink like coke
5. Hair of the dog ASAP. single vodka will suffice
6. Drink plenty of water and eat something as soon as you feel able (even if it only a few mouthfuls)
7. Once you feel better go outside for some fresh air and get some gentle exercise
8. Have a couple of pints or few glasses of wine in the evening
9. following day or 2, abstain from alcohol completely to give the liver rest and chance to regenerate.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I am a doctor and over the years have developed an effective hangover management system.
A hangover is combination of 3 things: dehydration, hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar caused by the alcohol) and alcohol withdrawal. Understand this and you know how best to handle it. Try this out next time you've overdone it.
1. Buy some co-codamol 8/500 and ibuprofen 400 mg from the chemist
2. Stop drinking ideally up to 1 hour before you go to sleep. There is nothing worse for a hangover than half a bottle of red or a few massive whiskeys consumed 10 minutes before passing out - all they do is leach into your system over night delaying your recovery
3. Use the time before sleep to drink plenty of water - 2 pints should be enough (any more you just pee out). Take 2 co-codamol and an ibuprofen and VERY IMPORTANTLY eat something high in sugar eg a chocolate bar. Complex carbs like peanuts also will be helpful
4. As soon as you wake up take more tablets with a sugary drink like coke
5. Hair of the dog ASAP. single vodka will suffice
6. Drink plenty of water and eat something as soon as you feel able (even if it only a few mouthfuls)
7. Once you feel better go outside for some fresh air and get some gentle exercise
8. Have a couple of pints or few glasses of wine in the evening
9. following day or 2, abstain from alcohol completely to give the liver rest and chance to regenerate.

You've covered everything apart from the fact alcohol is also a stomach irritant.... something to balance the acid out would also be good (like Alka-Seltzer)

Alternatively, these really do work - www.ru21.co.uk although I appreciate it's a prevention rather than cure.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Simples:

Pint of Water before bed
As soon as you wake pee and have another pint of water and go back to sleep
Fry Up, McDs, Beans on Toast, basically anything to soak it up
Another pint of water with it.
Walk at a brisk pace

Should be sorted

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
A mate of mine has gone back to England. First thing he reported was that he had gone out, drank less beer

than usual, and felt dreadful the next day. I'm guessing its beer quality. I've saved the English breakfast pic to look at whilst eating crappy breakfast here. Swings and round-A-bouts

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Aaah.... sabotage, who have you crossed ?

Ha! A mate put them in my fridge thinking it's what I drink. It's not but it's not disgusting. Anyway, I drank some yakult to rplace the bacteria in my gut and I made my weary way to my StepDad's gaff where I was served wholesome food, tea and cheeses and cosy telly. Early to bed and on with life tomorrow. Grief, what a troubled day it has been fpr Nibble. Thank you for your help, to the Doc, I'm certain you are right but no way can I face booze when I'm hungover.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ozseagull.
Oz swapped 8 cans for a Superdry coat!:)

I came home to find him in my shower with nothing on but my Superdry coat. Dry as a bloody bone mate.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I came home to find him in my shower with nothing on but my Superdry coat. Dry as a bloody bone mate.

Ha ha very good, you and him and the banter about the coat made me laugh at lunchtime, it's made me laugh even more now this evening, i cant believe it's moved to another thread
Brilliant mate.
Hope you feel better now, the 2 bottles of red would have wiped me out, let alone the cans!:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here