Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood, what were we saying?!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Wait til the end of the season and judge him then.

I don't need to wait - he's a bloody good player who would have served us well and that's a fact.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
It's a shame we didn't buy him but I'm sure we had our reasons. Maybe Leicester just paid more! Anyway, good hattrick from him today but all 3 were defensive errors

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
We are all hoping that this Leonardo Ulloa is the answer to our problems im not so sure he is

How good is the spanish 2nd tier??????

Almeria I only know of cos i race motorbikes at the race track there .....Id be pleased if Ulloa is the answer, but i doubt it

And CMS with hamstring today I doubt that very much !!!

Chris Wood would of been my No1 Choice to go for

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
We are all hoping that this Leonardo Ulloa is the answer to our problems im not so sure he is

Almeria I only know of cos i race motorbikes at the race track there .....Id be pleased if Ulloa is the answer, but i doubt it

A few things:

- Segunda Liga is pretty good and he's scored in the best league in the world as well as against Real Madrid;
- Almeria are hardly an unknown club and were in La Liga very recently;
- As was said in another thread Wood wasn't an option.

Nothings points to him being a guaranteed success but considering you're moniker is Premiership Dream I'd think you'd be more optimistic!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He was shockingly poor towards the end of the promotion season.

He has surprised most, and become a class act.

We were never in the running, as Cardiff and Leicester do a West Ham, and buy their way to the PL with mega rich foreign owners.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Chris Wood hated the moaners here. Fact. Good player, Leicester paying big bucks though and NEED promotion this year else they are in the shit

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
probably did not sign when he heard all the football brains in the East Upper say that we did not want to sign that carthorse,these are the same brains that blame Barnes for breathing out of the wrong nostrel!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Poyet was asked why he didn't get Wood back on loan from West Brom, his answer was that he wasn't given the opportunity. West Brom made all the decisions.

Yeah i know seems an odd one, why get a player let him learn his craft after all he's about 6"4" he was only ever going to be one type of player, starts to deliver and they sell him!:shrug:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Did not set the world alight down here but was just something about him,others have stated give it to the seasons end to judge,but i feel Leicester have a bargain-

Bear in mind all the money in the world can not get a player to play for you,they have their own and more importantly their wives/girlfriends feelings to consider too-often this nails down the success of any player at any given club.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Yes, just how good is the equivalent division to ours in the Successive European Championship winning, current world cup holding country of Spain?

I hope it's up to our high standards.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Chris Wood - the European Tour golfer is actually a Brizzle City fan (when not a Man U plastic)

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
I wasn't his biggest fan during his loan spell here but after the 2-2 draw with millwall recently where he got both and I'd say gave our defence a good going over on his own I thought we had to get in there for him. He now looks one of the best strikers in our league and finally knows how to use that big frame, at £2m he wasn't a steal but I think it was obvious he was ready for this level. We are now paying £1.6m apparently for this argie who has never played in this country and could well take ages to bed in (Drogba took 2yrs) or never bed in (shevchenko or turienzo anyone?). This is a gamble but let's hope he comes in and does a Michu - just wish we had Wood ;-)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wasn't his biggest fan during his loan spell here but after the 2-2 draw with millwall recently where he got both and I'd say gave our defence a good going over on his own I thought we had to get in there for him. He now looks one of the best strikers in our league and finally knows how to use that big frame, at £2m he wasn't a steal but I think it was obvious he was ready for this level. ;-)

Agree with this, Hold my hands up to not being that impressed with him when here on loan and wasn't keen to see him back. The Millwall game made me realise that I'd been wrong about him.

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
...that was exactly the point I was trying to make, we know one swallow doesn't make a Summer but the evidence was all there to get a bid on the table. That ships left the harbour now...good luck to the lad.

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
A few things:

- Segunda Liga is pretty good and he's scored in the best league in the world as well as against Real Madrid;
- Almeria are hardly an unknown club and were in La Liga very recently;
- As was said in another thread Wood wasn't an option.

Nothings points to him being a guaranteed success but considering you're moniker is Premiership Dream I'd think you'd be more optimistic!

Lets hope it works out im not convinced....

He did'nt slip through our fingers. Wood did not enjoy his time on loan here.

And to be honest neither did I.

I , like most on here, thought he was not what we needed at the time. Looks like we may have been wrong but you can't blame Gus for not signing him at the time as he was pretty poor.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield

How big do you think we are? If you went to Almeria, I bet theyd be scratching their heads over "Brighton?" .... Its spanish football, so "probably" as good if not better than the Championship, and he has pretty good stats. yet youd go for Chris Wood (not good enough for WBA, has scored goals at Brighton, Birmingham, Millwall, Leicester) but NOT a guy who has good stats for a solid second div team in the country that are pretty much the bees knees in football at the moment.

I know its only opinion, but I dont think you can assume that spanish football is of a poorer standard than ours - all evidence points the other way. He may be a flop. But I dont that will be a reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here