Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood signs

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
has to be loan to buy in January. I wonder how much we are going to pay?

All that talk about Simon Cox in the summer - right club but looking at the wrong player perhaps? Although his scoring record is poor you would have to think that a Premiership youngster dropping to League 1 must be worth a goal or two. The question is, where are we going to play him? Out wide or in the centre? I don't know enough about him really but had him marked as wide and quick. Will he replace Barnes or is it a hint that Muzza may be on his way? I'm sure there are many on here who will know more.

well done Bozza - cheeky bugger :lolol:

Queue Jimbo GRFC's next Official announcement pending thread from a very reliable source.....

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
f***ing hell, he hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet and 50% of the fans are on his back. Some people's stupidity never ceases to amaze me...

it would be pretty pointless signing a player like woods on a short term loan, I expect that Barnsley took him on loan with a view to signing permanently and that it hasn't really worked out. 18 yr olds are inconsistent and i think he would find it difficult to displace Murray or Barnes so Gus must have an eye on the future with this one.

We can only do a short term (emergency or youth) loan at the moment. I would expect Gus to get a half season loan when the mid-season transfer window closes in the New Year

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Prolific! :lolol:

Seems there have been a few people commenting on how prolific this 18 year old is. Have a look at the boxed area on the picture. 10 goals for WBA reserves with 2 hat tricks.

I dare say some of the same people may have frowned when they heard we were taking a very young forward on loan from the much lower ranked Bristol Rovers. A man called Zamora. Let's give this very young man a chance and all our support.
woodl.jpg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here