Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood signs

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I work for Wood & Wood Signs (we do not make signs from wood)

We just did the signs on the Aviva Stadium in Dublin.

Wood & Wood Signs

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Well, this is exciting! Keep Muzza and Barnes on their toes, with a left sided midfielder to come in. Might lift the team for tomorrow as well.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Barnsley FC Forum:

Wh have got quite a few midfielders but knowing what I know now, I would have Tex in front of Arismendi anyday. He had skill but by god his shooting was something else. I think Nathan Doyle could show him a trick or two in that department.

Wood, lump wood, dead wood or wood if he could , up to now he has been completely ineffective, a waste of space. In fact if we played with 10 men at least he wouldnt have a chance of chasing a ball he is never going to reach and gifting possesion. He is so slow the earthworms scatter in anticipation of his arrival. Oconner will take his place and I wouldnt be surprised if he didnt feature again.

If he is a bit slow at the moment because he is podgy it wont be long before the fitness regime at the club turns him into a lean , keen , goalscoring machine.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Barnsley FC Forum:

Wh have got quite a few midfielders but knowing what I know now, I would have Tex in front of Arismendi anyday. He had skill but by god his shooting was something else. I think Nathan Doyle could show him a trick or two in that department.

Wood, lump wood, dead wood or wood if he could , up to now he has been completely ineffective, a waste of space. In fact if we played with 10 men at least he wouldnt have a chance of chasing a ball he is never going to reach and gifting possesion. He is so slow the earthworms scatter in anticipation of his arrival. Oconner will take his place and I wouldnt be surprised if he didnt feature again.

Plenty of people, such as TCB, have made similar comments about Barnes. Fans' opinions should be taken with a pinch of salt. Let's see how he does and people can make their own judgements once we've seen him play. He looked good in the World Cup and if Gus likes him enough to have tracked him since the summer then that's good enough for me.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Plenty of people, such as TCB, have made similar comments about Barnes. Fans' opinions should be taken with a pinch of salt. Let's see how he does and people can make their own judgements once we've seen him play. He looked good in the World Cup and if Gus likes him enough to have tracked him since the summer then that's good enough for me.

That's a very good post :clap:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If he gets in to the postion's that ashley dose, and he turns out to be a better finisher than ash, his going to score a shit load!:thumbsup:

This.

If Poyet sees something that is more than enough for me.

Also a bit more real competition up front can't be bad. Good luck Woodster!

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Maybe he will be effective in this league?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Must be some sort of longer deal in the pipeline, Gus has always said he is not keen on short term loan deals and while we may lack a bit of quality up front it's not like we have an injury crisis to cope with.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Wouldn't it be great if, for once, the majority of people on here congratulated the club on a n exciting signing, rather than trying to slaughter the boy and take the piss out of his stats before he has even kicked a ball for us.

It's so f***ing stupid.
By an 'exciting signing' do you mean 'a signing'?

I don't really see what's exciting about it, that's not a slight on him, we've had plenty of run of the mill signings who go on to be excellent players for us. Hopefully he does. Don't see what's wrong with posting his stats or opinions of other clubs have to do with it, that happens with every signing. If they were more positive that would make it more of an exciting signing (but we've also had 'exciting' signings turn out to be shit).

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
So sorry we're not excited. An 18 year old striker who never scores, on loan for a few weeks and had awful reviews at his last loan club. I see what you mean now. Yippee!

So you're basically saying crap? In which case you're saying that you don't trust Gus's judgement.

Hmmmm. Think I'll go with Gus on this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here