Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood & Glenn Murray

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What people seem to forget is that at the time we lost Murray Gus already had Ulloa in his sights as the alternative striker. I wonder which one of them will be the subject of transfer speculation to a premier club in the summer.

All is rosy now but with GM in our side for last season and this we may very well have been all but promoted by now. We may still be and as a long term prospect Ulloa is the better player, but we did miss him before we got Ulloa.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It wasnt Gus fault that Ulloa had problems with a passport etc and we couldnt bring him in earlier than we did. Had we done so he would be the division top scorer now without any doubt.

I dont agree about GM as I think that he has exceeded all expectations and scored more than either us or Palace thought that he would because they play to his strengths, more than we do.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All is rosy now but with GM in our side for last season and this we may very well have been all but promoted by now. We may still be and as a long term prospect Ulloa is the better player, but we did miss him before we got Ulloa.

With all of his 6 goals? This has been done to death.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With all of his 6 goals? This has been done to death.

It has indeed, but with his defensive abilities and the fact that he knew how we played we may well have made the playoffs last season and anyone who doesn't think we missed a player of his type this season until Ulloa arrived is in denial.

May have been done to death but it doesn't alter the facts ( using that term loosely) and I can't help biting when people suggest we didn't miss him by trotting out that because he only got six goals for Palace last season he wasn't any good :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here