Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Good lad!

He only got 10 minutes, set up the 2nd goal and by all accounts held the ball up well and put in a good shift.

My Sheff Utd mate said he was MOM in their last game and scored in the previous ... their forum "are suicidal" at the prospect he might not return.

Would like to see the fella given a decent chance in a team that is set up to suit and with a bit of motivation to go out and compete (a la last night!)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
He did bloody well in the time he was on the pitch. Won everything in the air and set up the 2nd goal. Why couldn't he have done that before? I have a sneaking suspicion that the players are giving more for Nathan than they did for Hyypia. Certainly the same level of commitment displayed by the team last night was not evident in Sami's time.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
O'Grady was superb last night. Came on for 10 minutes at the end and made a real difference. Won every ball in the air, held the ball up superbly for March's goal and caused real problems to the Fulham defence. Looking at last night, O'Grady would be worth persevering with, certainly until we sign an alternative.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Did EXACTLY what he was brought on to do. Lovely chest down for the 2nd too. Well done COG.

Fulham were totally concentrating on attack by the stage he came on and were leaving our forward players relatively unmarked. We've seen enough of COG to know he's not good enough to break down properly organised championship defences. The new manager should send him back to steeltown and sign a better player

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fark me, I thought we'd sold him to Sheff Utd.

They may now have to put in a substantial bid for him in January rather than agree on a half season loan. If we have a replacement lined up the club might be able to recoup the fee we originally paid for him.

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
I think this may be the turning point in COG's career with us. Played brilliantly and had the fans finally behind him. THERE'S ONLY ONE CHRIS O'GRADY, WALKING ALONG, SINGING A SONG, WALKING IN AN O'GRADY WONDERLAND :clap:

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
He looked far more confident, won everything that came his way and had a role in the second goal. Perhaps more the player we thought we'd signed. On last nights cameo I#d want to see more of him as he will offer something in second half of the season. We need battlers and he could be one.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Fulham were totally concentrating on attack by the stage he came on and were leaving our forward players relatively unmarked. We've seen enough of COG to know he's not good enough to break down properly organised championship defences. The new manager should send him back to steeltown and sign a better player

But he won every header against their defence.He got 16 in this league last year against organised championship defences.He did everything you could have hoped for when he came on.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Complete rubbish. Fulham were well on top when O'Grady came on and looked like equalising. He made a huge difference holding the ball up superbly, winning the ball in the air and helping to setup the second goal.

I don't understand the attitude of some of our fans. O'Grady has not been used properly so far and when he was used properly at Barnsley he got 15/16 goals at this level. Surely, he's worth giving another chance before we go and throw more money at another striker.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Very very impressed with the little performance from COG last night, keeps that up he may well have a future here.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He looked far more confident, won everything that came his way and had a role in the second goal. Perhaps more the player we thought we'd signed. On last nights cameo I#d want to see more of him as he will offer something in second half of the season. We need battlers and he could be one.

I think that is a fair summary. He played as he has been for Sheffield Utd reportedly.With any two of the likes of Tex/March/Colunga/CMS or Baldock to run beyond him he could be a genuine asset.

I do wonder though............ will he want to stay?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here