Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Clearly no worse ?
CM-S is a busted flush and will never score for the Albion again. The sooner we rid, the sooner we move on.
It's time people realised he's ineffectual.
C O'G has proved more in 2 sub appearances than CM-S in three seasons.

:lolol: Sorry but what a load of bollocks, I'm not CMS biggest fan, in fact earlier in the season I was in the get rid club BUT it can't be a coincidence that since he came back in the team we've scored 6 goals and conceded none, as O'Grady said, his work rate kills defenders, ask any defender at any level, strikers that constantly move about and give out so much energy are the worst type of striker to play against.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Never ceases to amaze me how fans demand loyalty from players and are so quick to want to get rid of "dead wood" players!
It's not even said with irony, which I could understand, they seem to genuinely believe this. Are they for real?
Obviously this is not the majority of fans. It is the ones that shout the loudest on internet forums. Fortunately they are a tiny minority.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Clearly no worse ?
CM-S is a busted flush and will never score for the Albion again. The sooner we rid, the sooner we move on.
It's time people realised he's ineffectual.
C O'G has proved more in 2 sub appearances than CM-S in three seasons.

This.
And not just because of COG's latest appearances. He's stronger, more of a nuisance to defenders, good at hold up play, more adaptable, and is of Championship quality. He will never be a 20 goal a season out and out striker at this level, but offers a lot more than that.
CMS have rarely cut it at this level, has poor ball control and Championship defenders outthink and outmuscle him.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
"Things are progressing but I think we are in the same situation as we were about six weeks ago where they want to get a striker in before they do anything, so we have got to be a bit patient."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/419/9635715/-[/URL]

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
"Things are progressing but I think we are in the same situation as we were about six weeks ago where they want to get a striker in before they do anything, so we have got to be a bit patient."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/419/9635715/-

That must be awfully close to crossing the line and qualifying as tapping players up.
Good manager young Clough but a rather unpleasant man. Not as good a manager as his father clearly but not much different in the latter respect.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/419/9635715/-[/URL]

What I like is that we are, for once, telling the buying club they have to wait until we sign our striker target. About ****ing time.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It seems to be that our biggest striking issue this window is shipping CMS out and getting some sort of fee for him before he walks away for free.

So, CMS OUT, new striker IN is the first concern.

Only after this can we consider selling COG, and finding a further replacement striker.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It seems to be that our biggest striking issue this window is shipping CMS out and getting some sort of fee for him before he walks away for free.

Only after this can we consider selling COG, and finding a further replacement striker.

Getting a 'reasonable' fee could be tricky ... if I'm right he's played 19 league games this season (inc as sub and 3 at Posh) scoring once

Edit: mistake re 19 .. it's less

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

As much as that the case I just can't see a worthwhile offer coming in for CMS.

Would he be worth offloading for just a few hundred thousand pounds?
(writing sentences like that remind me it's been a rather rapid rise)

It's not as if CMS is likely to sulk and down tools for the remainder of the season.
But looking at CH's team selection he might just pop up with some critical goals/assists.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Getting a 'reasonable' fee could be tricky ... if I'm right he's played 19 league games this season (inc as sub and 3 at Posh) scoring once

Edit: mistake re 19 .. it's less

And he's scored 3...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

It's not as if CMS is likely to sulk and down tools for the remainder of the season.
But looking at CH's team selection he might just pop up with some critical goals/assists.

I imagine we'll receive a number of derisory offers from League 1 clubs for CMS. I think around £250k could do it if CMS wants to go. I don't think we'd sell to a rival championship club even if they enquired. I'm not sure if we've got anyone who'd replace his work rate, dangerous runs & attitude upfront at present.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Personally, I wouldn't sell CMS but, hey, it's all about opinions, and some on here obviously want him out. I expect Hughton to offer CMS a contract extension, sign someone like Becchio, partner him with CMS/Baldock, and let COG return north.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Personally, I wouldn't sell CMS but, hey, it's all about opinions, and some on here obviously want him out. I expect Hughton to offer CMS a contract extension, sign someone like Becchio, partner him with CMS/Baldock, and let COG return north.

You'll hardly find a negative post by me until his return from injury where there's no doubt he's lost his greatest asset ... pace. That kind of made up for his poor touch but now I can't see anything to say he should be getting any game time. His performances have been unmemorable and against Brentford he was dire.

Like you say, it's all about opinions but I can't see any reason to keep him, let alone extend his contract

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'd be disappointed if we kept CMS to be honest, he's about to turn 31, he's lost that little bit of pace which was his key asset and has a terrible goal scoring record in this division. I think it's high unlikely that he's about to discover the ability to thrive in this division. We need a goal scorer, not someone to spend 70 fruitless minutes chasing the game.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/419/9635715/-

"He knows we want him and what we feel about him"

2cmujgj.jpg

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
image.jpg

Not sure if it's been mentioned but I just read through the Jamie thread again in the gold section and it seemed our friend from Stockport never thought much of o'grady even then😱

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here