Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not a great start but obviously needs a runner alongside him. Couple of nice touches, strong, but looked a bit on the heavy side and lacking match fitness. Jury's out for me.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I liked him. He is strong and he works hard and was unlucky not to score. A definite asset to the squad and would have probably linked better if CMS had started alongside.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Was impressed to be honest. Strong and won a lot of headers, held up well and was a presence. Didn't collapse to the floor complaining at the ref even once.

Think he will be an asset for us.

Timed his runs not to keep getting caught offside as well.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Thought he did okay. One nice little cushioned header in the second half which was made for CMS to gobble up. Unfortunately he couldn't quite reach it from the bench.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I thought he looked decent. He was strong, could hold up the ball, ran his socks off and had good enough pace. He needed someone playing closer to him though so he could lay the ball off to someone. I hope Mackail-Smith gets to play up front with him.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I thought he held the ball up well and got stuck in. Never a 20 goal a season striker, more like a 10 goal foil for a nippy striker playing off him. If O'Grady is going to be our main striker this season, we are not going to score enough goals, simples and we will be no where near the top six.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

We would all be saying he look really good if he scored. He should of put his laces through it not try to place it.
Personally,I was glad that he didn't just put his laces through it. With 2 defenders closing in he still had the calmness to try and slot it in...I think a laces effort would have hit the keeper. Had he kept the ball on the floor then I don't think Westwood would have got there. His 1st touch was great too. A good effort in a tight spot that made the keeper work to make a good save..gives me confidence that he will be better than Barnes in that situation..all IMHO !!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Lower league first touch. But yeah, he worked hard and he's not a terrible backup option. Let's hope by the end of the month he is a back up option.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Lower league first touch. But yeah, he worked hard and he's not a terrible backup option. Let's hope by the end of the month he is a back up option.

Lower league first touch? It's a lot better than most of our team and better than Ulloa's. Personally I think he looks good value and will be a good squad player.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Very average to me from the Southampton and Wednesday games - looks a lower league player with a bit of physical presence. We may have robbed Leicester to the tune of £8-10m for Ulloa, but I suspect Barnsley have done the same to us for £500k. We desperately need a couple of new forwards with a bit of guile IMO, and suspect that when the Premiership clubs announce their squads this week we might be able to get a loan or two to strengthen us up front.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Lower league first touch? It's a lot better than most of our team and better than Ulloa's. Personally I think he looks good value and will be a good squad player.

Maybe I was noticing the bad more than the good but there were a number of times when his 2nd touch was a tackle.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quality player. Knew very little about him prior to yesterday, but he will be a great foil to a quality finisher we all hope to get.

O'Grady was tireless, great at holding the ball up and battling against centre halves, good pace, good swift passing and awareness of teammates.

Won't be a 20+ goals striker, but there are few of those about and they cost a small fortune. Hopefully TB's are working non-stop on that one,

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He was better than that useless lump Sheffield Wednesday had up front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here