Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Martin

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
for a club so astute with transfer fees £13.5m for this Niasse who cant even win a locker never mind a 1st team place, seems a lot of money.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38491900

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic says there is no way that striker Chris Martin can be recalled from his loan spell by parent club Derby County.

After Derby's 3-0 loss at Norwich on Monday, McLaren, who took over in October, again confirmed he was keen on bringing back Martin.

The forward scored 46 goals in two seasons at Derby during McLaren's previous spell at the club, helping them reach the 2014 Championship play-off final.

"That's at board level at both clubs," he told BBC Radio Derby.

"They made an agreement to do the loan and if it needs to be terminated they have to make a decision to do that."

Real subtle Steve! Not showing much class or tact here to be honest!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Fulham’s manager, Slavisa Jokanovic, again insisted Chris Martin will not be allowed to end his season-long loan from Derby and return to his parent club. Martin had made himself unavailable for last Friday’s game with Reading and Jokanovic admitted the player had insisted he was not fit to face Brighton. The manager said: “We signed the contract, all three sides – Derby, Fulham and Chris Martin – and there is no option for a recall. This is nice because they offer him more money and more years, but this solution does not exist. He was going to stay until the end of the season. That is my position and Fulham’s position. And that’s it. “He is still trying to explain that he is injured but my medical department did not find any problem at the moment. I am not doctor here, and we are going to try and find where this problem is.

“When we played Derby three or four weeks ago [Derby’s manager] Steve McClaren asked me about Chris Martin because he explained he likes this player. And I explained he is under contract, I want to keep him and recommended that he look in the market for another option. But he must not have understood my English.”

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Quote from Slavisa Jokanovic:

"When we played Derby three or four weeks ago Steve McClaren asked me about Chris Martin because he explained he likes this player.

"And I explained he is under contract, I want to keep him and recommended that he look in the market for another option. But he must not have understood my English."

:lolol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

"When we played Derby three or four weeks ago Steve McClaren asked me about Chris Martin because he explained he likes this player.

"And I explained he is under contract, I want to keep him and recommended that he look in the market for another option. But he must not have understood my English."

He should have tried Schteves Double Dutch

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
When we played Derby three or four weeks ago [Derby’s manager] Steve McClaren asked me about Chris Martin because he explained he likes this player. And I explained he is under contract, I want to keep him and recommended that he look in the market for another option. But he must not have understood my English.”

Love that - i.e. F**k off Schteve

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

How must this look to the strikers at the club. Not very highly rated by schteve. He is now making sure they are not top 2

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
He had a great game today, breaking our penalty jinx (we've now scored 2 out of 7!), setting up the other great goal and generally doing good all over the pitch. He still looks half a stone overweight and if he loses that, he'll get a shedful of goals. He did look genuinely chuffed with his performance and us fans gave him a great reception, considering what a tool he's been.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He had a great game today, breaking our penalty jinx (we've now scored 2 out of 7!), setting up the other great goal and generally doing good all over the pitch. He still looks half a stone overweight and if he loses that, he'll get a shedful of goals. He did look genuinely chuffed with his performance and us fans gave him a great reception, considering what a tool he's been.

I backed you to win to nil today, at 2/1, so thank you very much,and well done.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006

Fair do's.
A great performance will help that. Think you would have beaten us with him in the team this month... Lucky timing.

I always wanted Glenn Murray back for the same reasons. **** the palace stuff he improves our team and was a joy to watch at Withdean

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Fair do's.
A great performance will help that. Think you would have beaten us with him in the team this month... Lucky timing.

I always wanted Glenn Murray back for the same reasons. **** the palace stuff he improves our team and was a joy to watch at Withdean
He was in the side when we beat Fulham at home never got the better of Duffy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here