Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Martin

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
NooBHA did you not post once that in your opinion there is no way CH would sign Martin, so we can discount him from the possible incomings.

He's already played for Derby and Fulham this season so couldn't play for anyone else. Not that we'd want him.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
NooBHA did you not post once that in your opinion there is no way CH would sign Martin, so we can discount him from the possible incomings.

I can't remember............................ He left Norwich just as Chris went there but I don't know if Chris actually released him. If he did then I cant see him going for him now. After all he initially retained Grant Holt, Steve Morison and James Vaughan ahead of him, (The three Amigos ) if he was the one who released Martin. He then got shot of those 3 as well.

I think we should be looking for better than Chris Martin. He wouldn't cut it in the Premier League. I have no idea what he plans to do but if I was a betting man I would put money on a good Premier loanee as opposed to a permanent signing. There's only 5 months to go in this season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Russell Martin
He's already played for Derby and Fulham this season so couldn't play for anyone else. Not that we'd want him.
Chris Martin

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The likes of Martin or even for that matter McClaren are not the sort of people that should sully this clubs grass.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Derby manager Steve McClaren has said he wants Chris Martin to return early from his season-long loan with Fulham.

It comes after Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic dismissed reports that the striker would be released early, saying the club is "not a train station".

Jokanovic said Martin, 28, "made himself unavailable" for Friday's abandoned game at Reading

"If there is any possibility of getting him back, that would be great," McClaren told BBC Radio Derby.

"But that is between the two clubs. They have an agreement so we will have to wait and see. It is for the clubs to sort and for us managers to leave it well alone."

The Scotland international scored 43 goals in less than two seasons during McClaren's first spell in charge of the Rams. And the former England boss admits to being surprised that the player was allowed to leave under pervious boss Nigel Pearson.

"I've made it clear how I like Chris Martin," said McClaren. "If I had my choice when I first came in, he would still be here,"

Martin has scored seven goals in 17 appearances for Fulham in the Championship this term.

Apparently 3hr old BBC story.
McCLaren really is a repugnant character. Starts the tapping up then tries to distance himself.

The fact that he has made a point of saying it's up to the managers to leave well alone is an indicator that that's just what he hasn't done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't remember............................ He left Norwich just as Chris went there but I don't know if Chris actually released him. If he did then I cant see him going for him now. After all he initially retained Grant Holt, Steve Morison and James Vaughan ahead of him, (The three Amigos ) if he was the one who released Martin. He then got shot of those 3 as well.

I think we should be looking for better than Chris Martin. He wouldn't cut it in the Premier League. I have no idea what he plans to do but if I was a betting man I would put money on a good Premier loanee as opposed to a permanent signing. There's only 5 months to go in this season
Can you help me please, I'm not winding you up or setting a trap, I genuinely don't understand who this loanee could be.

He strikes me as a player who hasn't kicked a ball for at least 6 months.
Clearly not a goalscorer.
Won't be match fit, and not regarded highly enough to be sent out on a season long loan.

I just can't fathom why NSC is pinning this season's hopes on a teenager or David Nugent :facepalm:

When you write 'a good Premier loanee', while referencing this current window, which names instantly spring to your mind?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Can you help me please, I'm not winding you up or setting a trap, I genuinely don't understand who this loanee could be.

He strikes me as a player who hasn't kicked a ball for at least 6 months.
Clearly not a goalscorer.
Won't be match fit, and not regarded highly enough to be sent out on a season long loan.

I just can't fathom why NSC is pinning this season's hopes on a teenager or David Nugent :facepalm:

When you write 'a good Premier loanee', while referencing this current window, which names instantly spring to your mind?

I have to make this clear. I know absolutely nothing about any transfer targets

The type of player I would love would be someone like Aroune Kone if he is fit. I just think he is a tremendous player but he has bad injury record I know but we only need someone for 5 months to finish the job off, of getting promoted then take stock again if and when we get promoted

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

The type of player I would love would be someone like Aroune Kone if he is fit. I just think he is a tremendous player but he has bad injury record I know but we only need someone for 5 months to finish the job off, of getting promoted then take stock again if and when we get promoted

Being pedantic, but also showing how close we are, it's more like 4 months :)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Being pedantic, but also showing how close we are, it's more like 4 months :)

Being pedantic, would probable be 6 months actually because the loan would have to be till the end of June that we paid him until but I take your point . About 4 and a half months playing time

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely, as said I'm not setting you up, I was just hopeful that after half a dozen attempts at an answer from other posters, you might actually proved the names of players YOU think fit the bill.

Playing 61 minutes, spread over 5 games, this season, takes 'not match fit' to a new level.

Fortunately as Bozza popped his head above the parapet on this one, a couple of days ago, I can now say I doubt the Albion will be dealing with Everton any time soon.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Absolutely, as said I'm not setting you up, I was just hopeful that after half a dozen attempts at an answer from other posters, you might actually proved the names of players YOU think fit the bill.

Playing 61 minutes, spread over 5 games, this season, takes 'not match fit' to a new level.

He is up against a Lukaku to try and get into the Everton side. That's a tall ask of any player let alone a 33 year old

Fortunately as Bozza popped his head above the parapet on this one, a couple of days ago, I can now say I doubt the Albion will be dealing with Everton any time soon.

I have been away recently, so missed a lot. Why won't they deal with Everton?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He is up against a Lukaku to try and get into the Everton side. That's a tall ask of any player let alone a 33 year old
I have been away recently, so missed a lot. Why won't they deal with Everton?

Yep, and he may well have been a good signing in the Summer, where the club could have got him into shape by now, ready for the demands from now on.

The Albion were working on a deal to bring in Oumar Niasse.
One of those stupid deals were we pay over the odds to multi millionaires in order to make one of their assets profitable again.

As ridiculous as that deal is, at the 11th hour Everton tried to double it.
Brighton walked away and since Niasse has been playing with the under 10's without even a locker at the club. (As per Football Weekly)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yep, and he may well have been a good signing in the Summer, where the club could have got him into shape by now, ready for the demands from now on.

The Albion were working on a deal to bring in Oumar Niasse.
One of those stupid deals were we pay over the odds to multi millionaires in order to make one of their assets profitable again.

As ridiculous as that deal is, at the 11th hour Everton tried to double it.
Brighton walked away and since Niasse has been playing with the under 10's without even a locker at the club. (As per Football Weekly)

I could believe that - Everton have got great lawyers and great contract negotiators. That's why they often do well in transfer markets in the last 15 years or so. Although that wasn't the striker I thought we were after in the summer.

The one I heard about was a very very different name who went somewhere else. I have never even heard of Niasse and I don't even think I have seen him play but I do believe what you say is very possible because their contract negotiators at Everton are very well known for striking a tough deal.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I could believe that - Everton have got great lawyers and great contract negotiators. That's why they often do well in transfer markets in the last 15 years or so. Although that wasn't the striker I thought we were after in the summer.

The one I heard about was a very very different name who went somewhere else. I have never even heard of Niasse and I don't even think I have seen him play but I do believe what you say is very possible because their contract negotiators at Everton are very well known for striking a tough deal.

Anyone who gets what they did for John Stones is clearly very good at their job.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Anyone who gets what they did for John Stones is clearly very good at their job.

Very Very true. Just look at the fees they pay for players as well they are one of the best clubs for getting good deals. They only paid £1m for Tim Cahill when they initially bought him - Everton are very strategic. They bring in players periodically who are decent but not brilliant players. They put them in the first team at 16 or 17 years of age. That inflates the price of them quickly and then they sell them on. I give you Francis Jeffers and Wayne Rooney.

Rooney was lucky. He went to Man Utd and Under Ferguson improved immensely. Jeffers quickly dissapeared

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Very Very true. Just look at the fees they pay for players as well they are one of the best clubs for getting good deals. They only paid £1m for Tim Cahill when they initially bought him - Everton are very strategic. They bring in players periodically who are decent but not brilliant players. They put them in the first team at 16 or 17 years of age. That inflates the price of them quickly and then they sell them on. I give you Francis Jeffers and Wayne Rooney.

Rooney was lucky. He went to Man Utd and Under Ferguson improved immensely. Jeffers quickly dissapeared

I expect Seamus Coleman to be the next one off to City. I'm sure the Everton negotiators will have their trousers down with that deal too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll hazard a guess then, when the Albion walked into town it was similar to when a lioness is staring down a rhino.
Before they eventually walk off in the opposite direction.

All it needed was a David Attenborough voice over.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'll hazard a guess then, when the Albion walked into town it was similar to when a lioness is staring down a rhino.
Before they eventually walk off in the opposite direction.

All it needed was a David Attenborough voice over.

They were also trying to fund the purchase of that lad who eventually went to Spurs at the last minute so they would have been trying to milk everything but like I said in a previous post I had never even heard of that lad so I have no idea how it went down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here