Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton

el punal

I am inclined to agree with you assessment of CH. He does tend to start slowly and then get better when his players start to implement his plans. However, these wins are coming against mid table sided. Lets wait and see how we do when we come up against sides in Promotion and play off places. That will be a better gage as to wow much we are improving under him
Putting this into a bit of perspective. Leeds up until last night were the league form team (6 wins from 7 games?) and when we played Ipswich recently, had they won they would have gone top. On the basis of those two performances I very much look forward to the Derby fixture. Now that match will prove how far we've come under Hughton's management style.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
My biggest question is why we continue to sing so many TB songs but as fans we never seem to sing songs about our manager; why is this? To me, he's got us playing some excellent football and has improved us massively since he came in.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Normally I'd agree with that, and I admit I inwardly groaned when I saw CMS in the team ahead of COG. But CH had obviously worked out what we can now see in retrospect, that the Leeds defence were slow and lumbering and would be more unsettled by speed than by a physical battle with a target man centre forward. Full marks to CH, I think?

Agree totally. When I saw the starting line-up, I immediately thought there must be a reason for this (presuming that Best and GOG were not both injured). Mr Hughton is thinking about what he is doing.

After 70 minutes last night, being 2-0 up, I found myself sitting there thinking "I actually believe we can win this", and I hadn't felt like that for a long time - probably not this season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's even managed to sort out CMS' timing for runs, so he's not offside all the time.
Only for one game so far, CMS was permanently offside on Saturday. Hopefully he can sort himself out, because we're now playing to his strengths. I'm not holding my breath though.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Pardon the pun but with Hughton so far it's round pegs in round holes. The players (with the exception of Calderon who's firing regardless) are being played in their desired positions. The confidence is there for all to see. Chris Hughton has to take the plaudits

Baldock?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Which single save was that then?

If you don't remember the Save, Leeds broke into the box, GG pushed the player wide, who then produced a nice little flick for the Leeds Winger who fired it towards goal, Stockdale saved well with his feet.

A few moments later, he made another fairly easy save, however he then threw the ball 50 plus yards which broke us away on the counter attack and maybe tex should/could have done better.

Putting this into a bit of perspective. Leeds up until last night were the league form team (6 wins from 7 games?) and when we played Ipswich recently, had they won they would have gone top. On the basis of those two performances I very much look forward to the Derby fixture. Now that match will prove how far we've come under Hughton's management style.

A form team that was rubbish last night!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you want,but people are paid alot of money to set out a football team and to play in that team,that's their well paid job,last night it was easier because another well paid team were pretty poor.The trick is when you win don't get carried away and when you lose keep your heads.:moo:

It really pains you to give any credit to Brighton, doesn't it? Leeds had won 5 of their previous 6 games. They attacked us from the off last night and we had to absorb their tactics for the first 20 minutes. We made them look average by our good play. They were not pretty poor, we were good.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If you want,but people are paid alot of money to set out a football team and to play in that team,that's their well paid job,last night it was easier because another well paid team were pretty poor.The trick is when you win don't get carried away and when you lose keep your heads.:moo:
Leeds started well, I was impressed with their teamwork and pressing, giving us little time on the ball or to relax. It was twenty minutes or so until we got going and then we played very, very well. Leeds could not cope with us but it doesn't mean they were bad. Sometimes, even a team like Brighton, struggling along with poor performance after poor performance can gel and play really well. Last night was one of those performances. If we'd lost, you would be quick to lay the blame on us and not praise the great performance of the other team. Why is it so hard to give praise where praise is due?

el punal

Are you football's equivalent of the Christmas Grinch? Lighten up for Gawd's sake, it was a great night of entertaining football provided by MY football team (your's too?). This begs the question, do you actually go and watch the Albion to find fault when there is none or is your comment some sort of perverse wind-up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here