Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I like the simplicity of what Hughton has brought to the way we play, its pretty standard stuff nothing continental or tiki taka just simple football. He is also happy to adapt the formation and style to suit who we play unlike Hyppia who stuck rigidly to his baffling team selections and undecipherable tactics and formations.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So who the hell thought Hyppia was a better manager then ?

It actually beggars belief the Hughton applied for the job at the start of the season and didn't even get an interview. in fact they didn't even acknowledge his application. The recent up-turn in form will always leave us wondering what might have been if they had at least interviewed him way back then

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I like the simplicity of what Hughton has brought to the way we play, its pretty standard stuff nothing continental or tiki taka just simple football. He is also happy to adapt the formation and style to suit who we play unlike Hyppia who stuck rigidly to his baffling team selections and undecipherable tactics and formations.

Also not frightened to hit raking balls from left full back to right wing and from right full back to left wing. Beaten two mid table teams pretty convincingly; if only we had had a manager for the first 65% of the season?

TNBA

TTF

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
It actually beggars belief the Hughton applied for the job at the start of the season and didn't even get an interview. in fact they didn't even acknowledge his application. The recent up-turn in form will always leave us wondering what might have been if they had at least interviewed him way back then

Are you sure about that?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I am inclined to agree with you assessment of CH. He does tend to start slowly and then get better when his players start to implement his plans. However, these wins are coming against mid table sided. Lets wait and see how we do when we come up against sides in Promotion and play off places. That will be a better gage as to wow much we are improving under him
Leeds had won 6 out of there last 7 games and are the form team , Birmingham were also on a good run , if we play like we did tonight most championship teams would struggle against us , didn't Leeds beat top of the table Middlesborough on Saturday who have easily been the best team at the Amex this season

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If I had any questions about his team selections, they have been answered. He is starting to get the best out of the players, individually, and as a group. A couple of games ago I thought Calde was probably in his last season with us, but he is like a brand new signing, playing the best football of his career, and who is still has a lot more to offer.

It felt like we were out on the park playing proper football with meaning, purpose, and intent.

I am absolutely certain that Hughton will get us to the promised land.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
There's a lot of talk about preparing for games/doing research etc, but rarely have I felt that it made much of a difference to the way we play or our team selection under Poyet/Garcia/Theotherone.

Then Hughton arrived...

Absolutely THIS. Genius ploy to feed that twunt Naylor with the Best is the best crap, then start CMS - because he perennially causes Leeds issues - THEN to not bring on BEST but COG was the work of an actual man manager. Not some scheiester like Poyet (sorry to offend the he can do no wrong brigade).

This way they're all confused/buoyed by the vote of confidence and want to do well.

For me though it has to be the capture of Keyal, a future and long term captain in the making, that makes me sooo optimistic.

Awesome Eh?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

I don't believe that's true.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't believe that's true.

It is 100% true........................ He had applied for several jobs. He was offered 2 Championship jobs which he turned down. Another three jobs he applied for and 3 clubs never even interviewed him. Those 3 clubs which didn't interview him or acknowledge his application. Another couple interviewed him and he didn't get the job.

Brighton was one of the clubs which didn't even get back to him initially...............................They had already decided they wanted a foreign manager at the start of the season so he was never going to get the job at the start of the season

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
On the subject of whether CH was interviewed for the job in summer, I asked him that very question at the press conference when he was unveiled. He could have said no, but instead looked over at Tony Bloom to see what the official position was. I think that answered the question.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
On the subject of whether CH was interviewed for the job in summer, I asked him that very question at the press conference when he was unveiled. He could have said no, but instead looked over at Tony Bloom to see what the official position was. I think that answered the question.

What conclusion did you draw from that then ? If Chris had been offered the Brighton job at the start of the season he would have taken it.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Also not frightened to hit raking balls from left full back to right wing and from right full back to left wing. Beaten two mid table teams pretty convincingly; if only we had had a manager for the first 65% of the season?

TNBA

TTF

This is what has been truly frustrating about this season. We've frittered away the first 4 months by fielding a rookie naive and incompetent manager. Thank ****, so far for Crissie Hewton - may sanity prevail!!!!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
We seem to have an identity again. Gone is the listless excuse for "passing" football, here we have now an adaptable, hard-working, inventive team which you could scarcely believe have been in the bottom three this season.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Really pleased he is our manager. When I listen to his interveiws for the first time in ages I feel I have been watching the same game as the manager. I am sure the players must be happier as he seems to make things seem simple. I so hope we stay up and he has the summer to get ready for a real go next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here