Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Evans Breakfast Show

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
6 music, appropriate mix of decent music and talk that doesn't wind me up like the majority of radio hosts do.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Absolute 80s

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I can't deal with Chris Evans, but Ken Bruce and Jeremy Vine are brilliant. They are then followed by a lunge for the radio when that berk Steve Wright comes on the air

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Chris Evans is the best of a very bad bunch (if you can't get 6Music).

Why don't you put a CD on though?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'd rather listen to the theme from Happy Days on a 24 hour loop than 5 minutes of Radio 1

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I find this show gets on my wick more and more. I could listen to spotify but I do like a bit of human interaction between songs. Just not Chris Evan"s brand of tosh. And the music - today we've had supercalifragelistic, Dr Doolittle and even Istandbul/Constaninople - oh and the theme from Happy Days.

What do other people listen to?

Well not being a Masochist, it's mostly things I enjoy, it saves me having to moan about something I have a choice of listening too ???

No you are not in the minority mate; I think Chris Evans makes excellent listening. Christ, there are enough radio stations to choose from!

Ditto - another listener here although Evans does sometimes become too me, me, me. However the variety of music (much of it high quality) and non-music elements makes it an enjoyable programme to listen to .... most of the time.

People don't have to listen if they don't want to!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Was always Classic FM for me when in the UK and then radio 2 in the afternoons, then back for Smooth Classics.
Those were the days.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All those I know in their 50's plus who like R2 love listening to Evans. It's his 'personality'.
To me, he grates and is too noticeable.

Personally I prefer Jeremy Vine, at lunchtimes - quality discussions, and he gets a chance to pop in some rarely played tracks of his own music loves from the late 70's and 80's - Joy Division, The Smiths, some new wave stuff.

I also love listening to BBC5Live Victoria Derbyshire each morning. Great discussions and she's blunt with those talking tripe.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Is Southern Sound still going or whatever they call it these days? Last time I listened in many years ago they seemed to have 15 pop songs on loop for a whole month.

Never again...

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Why don't you put a CD on though?

I use spotify where you can to listen to music all day long, selected based on bands and artists you like, but it really isn't the same as live radio with a decent DJ. When I was in Japan and getting up in the morning, I could listen to Janice Long and I think she is excellent , for example.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Shaun Keaveney on 6music. Utterly brilliant. Great music old and new interspersed with very funny interludes

Up the albion

Aug 20, 2014
Hang on, if you stop people moaning about things that they really don't have to watch, listen to or take part in....then what would be left to post on NSC?
:shrug:
Just wondering where abouts in Kyushu are you living in, i'm in kyushu now although im flying back to England tomorrow via Fukuoka airport tomorrow.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Another vote for 6 music. By far the best station for music and presenters. I listen to it all the time unless there's a test match on.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I find this show gets on my wick more and more. I could listen to spotify but I do like a bit of human interaction between songs. Just not Chris Evan"s brand of tosh. And the music - today we've had supercalifragelistic, Dr Doolittle and even Istandbul/Constaninople - oh and the theme from Happy Days.

What do other people listen to?

It's awful, reminds me of some anarchic 80's Saturday show. So out of touch. Timmy Mallet buggering me while whacking me on the head with his mallet and singing teeny weeny polka dot bikini at the top of his voice while emu chomps on my cluster would be a calmer start to the day.

I listen to Today on R4. And insist on no conversation til 8:30

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here