Chortle

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
3) If we can go into the game above them we'd have a 50-50 chance imo. If we need the win,well, it'll be a huge ask.

Boro have failed to win 14 of 45 home games played at Fortress Riverside during the past two seasons...

If we go there needing only to avoid defeat on May 7th then we will have a very decent chance - odds on...?

If we go needing to win then we will obviously be quite big outsiders (something like 3/1 ....?).

This weekend counts for so much.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just let them keep talking. We're the outsiders from the 3 teams remember. No egg on our faces if we come 3rd. Plenty available from that thread alone for Boro fans...

Oh and don't forget we hold the 'promotion party' image should it be needed ;)

My favourite:
Brighton won't score.

We're too strong for them, psychological advantage from early season trouncing, poor against the top 6, we don't concede many at home, 3 days extra rest and a full riverside putting the XXXXXXs up em.

Brighton have absolutely no chance.

I almost feel sorry for the deluded mongs coming up here from there to witness it.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Thought it might be interesting to look at last time compared to this time. The squad was knackered and threadbare IMO...

Stockdale - In form then, in form now. No change
Bruno - Slightly wobbly then given his consistency this season (think Charlton at home), probably a similar situation now. No change
Greer - Upgraded to an in form Dunk. Improved
Hünemeier - Upgraded to Goldson, who looks a very accomplished Championship player now. Improved
Calderon - Blasphemy I know, but upgraded to Rosenior (hopefully) or Bong. Improved
van La Parra - Upgraded to Skalak. - 7 starts, 6 assists 2 goals. Improved
Stephens - Was knackered after a heavy run of games. Fresher now. Great against Charlton. Improved
Kayal - Ditto. Improved
Murphy - Was totally out of form in November/December. Has got better but now upgraded to Knockaert, a real match winner. Improved
Hemed - Was in a poor run of form, now scoring for fun. Improved
Wilson - Was arguably marginally better then but Baldock and Hemed are a better partnership and Baldock should start. No change.

Subs
Maenpaa - No change (unless he is injured)
Crofts - Did very little this season. Now an ever more influential Sidwell. Improved
Goldson - Made his debut in this game. Back up now Greer. His experience from the bench is a better option than Goldson was then. Improved
Ince - Lua Lua - Very different player but Lua Lua is a potential match winner Improved
Manu - Murphy - No contest. Improved
Zamora - Wilson - Zamora was very much in form and influential in November. Wilson is very capable, but lacks BZ's experience. Arguably weaker
Chicksen - Bong - No contest, despite Bong's poor showing at Charlton. Improved

So comparing the eighteen I the match day squad with the likely team now I would say we are:

- Better off now in 13 places/positions
- The same in 4
- Arguably worse off in 1

Lets hope the Boro team are as complacent as the fans!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Our form means we are playing them at just the right time...... I'm quietly confident but think the most likely outcome is we both go up and Burnley miss out. It's all fairly even though before the Derby game anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports