Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chinese at it again

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Back when I was at school, in the Victorian era, our RE teacher quoted the bible " ...and one day the yellow man will rule the earth..." Never found it in the bible, but he was convinced.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Chinese invest heavily throughout the world,of the European investment we take 22% Germany 38%,should we decline chinese money when the rest of the world seems happy to take it?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
yep sleep your way through it mate
gidion is selling your/our country to them bit by bit

Yada yada, how much Chinese investment should we turn down then? How many jobs would be threatened? Should British companies not use cheaper chinese Labour to compete globally and drive down consumer prices here? Didn't Labour court Chinese investment? Did you post a similar thread then? Do you really give a monkeys about Chinese human rights abuses/oppression?

It's a fair enough point.

It is if made with a genuine aversion to oppression and censorship but many just seem to want to use this to score cheap and tedious party political points which I find rather sad.

There are legitimate concerns around Chinese involvement in our Nuclear industry which I oppose but I would have more problems with a government which didn't do all it could to strengthen economic bonds with the world's largest market.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yada yada, how much Chinese investment should we turn down then? How many jobs would be threatened? Should British companies not use cheaper chinese Labour to compete globally and drive down consumer prices here? Didn't Labour court Chinese investment? Did you post a similar thread then? Do you really give a monkeys about Chinese human rights abuses/oppression?

always thought that you should look at the way people treat their animals, the chinese treatment of human rights and animals is despicable, they have no grasp on the reality of human life,not even with their own people, let alone other peoples.
I have signed numerous petitions about chinese abuse of people and animals
have you?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

always thought that you should look at the way people treat their animals, the chinese treatment of human rights and animals is despicable, they have no grasp on the reality of human life,not even with their own people, let alone other peoples.
have you?

No, I think petition signing is rather self indulgent and meaningless but I'm sure signing those petitions made you feel better. What difference did they make exactly?

Have you counted how many made in China labels adorn clothing/products in your house?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I think it's genius work by the chinkies. Build a load of islands in international waters then cover them in fighters and surround them with the biggest Navy in the world. Come and MAKE us get off US of A.

That's where the British empire went wrong. We didn't build enough Islands.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
We're already in their pockets thanks to the Eton rifles.
All in it together.

Great piece of music Eton rifles , such a shame it's turned out that weller and fox ton are such hypocrites, welled sends his kids to private school and fox tons son goes to Eton of all places

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Do you really give a monkeys about Chinese human rights abuses/oppression?

have you?

So you'll be condemning the Stop The War Coalition for their support for North Korea then? Only yesterday, their Chair, Andy Murray was campaigning on their behalf. And by extension if you condemn that then you condemn Corbyn's comments about Stop The War being a vital democratic force. Yes?

[tweet]676484289609994240[/tweet]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So you'll be condemning the Stop The War Coalition for their support for North Korea then? Only yesterday, their Chair, Andy Murray was campaigning on their behalf. And by extension if you condemn that then you condemn Corbyn's comments about Stop The War being a vital democratic force. Yes?

It always seems to be the critical pictures that are shot with the resolution of a Nokia 7650. Maybe just a coincidence.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did anyone find out who the leopard was?

Dec 15, 2014
Here
china_tibet.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

Police work is never finished.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

[tweet]676484289609994240[/tweet]

don't think it actually states a support for North Korea, read the board you have posted, it states a condemnation of use of deformed workers and although rather vaguely against nuclear weapons.
always thought Churchill was right jaw,jaw not war,war.........................and he certainly was not a leftist.
and if you did not understand the thread it was actually about the chinese

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Did anyone find out who the leopard was?

its a saying
leopards never change their spots
meaning no matter how they dress themselves up they never change
how old are you?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
its a saying
leopards never change their spots
meaning no matter how they dress themselves up they never change
I know what the saying is, but I don't know who it applied to. You said the Chinese, so it's all of them is it?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
don't think it actually states a support for North Korea, read the board you have posted, it states a condemnation of use of deformed workers and although rather vaguely against nuclear weapons.

No it doesn't. It doesn't say anything of the sort, you silly sausage. "Deformed Worker States" refers to the Nation State of North Korea, it's a phrase from Marxist theory and it clearly says "DEFEND...the right to nuclear weapons."

and if you did not understand the thread it was actually about the chinese.

Yes, I fully understood that. It's a thread about our dealings with a regime that has an appalling human rights record and you using that as a stick to beat the Tories. North Korea are China's immediate neighbours, their biggest ally and undoubtedly have a worse human rights record so I think it's extremely relevant to find out what your view is of those who support the North Koreans.

always thought Churchill was right jaw,jaw not war,war

Yes but history clearly proves that he also supported action where it was deemed necessary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here