Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

China

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
178 in the UK so far, but it can lay dormant in people for decades.

Fair enough. Anyway my opinion on how the chinese mistreat animals holds valid. It is my opinion and has been for many years. I really can't be arsed to get in an argurment on nsc about it

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Once this has settled down I would imagine the Chinese along with the rest of the world will be looking for answers, actions and lessons learned to reduce the chance of this happening again.

Would expect nothing less

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Rediculous thread. Is this the same China that is sending its doctors, nurses and equipment from Wuhan to Italy to help them in the fight there?

The OP should be ashamed.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Both the lurgie and the pling started over there.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If it’s a weapon it’s a pretty ineffective one if it kills less than 5% of people who get infected :shrug:
It's also killing old people the most, which in the long term will put less stress on resources. Bit of a shit weapon.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wonderful, I thought we were missing a bit of Xenophobic discussion.

Isn't that a bit harsh?

As Corbyn would say, it might be better to pay folk a proper price for goods and materials made by people paid a proper wage and under decent conditions, wherever they work, than swap swag for sweatshop schmutter.

It is us to blame, though, for our willingness to buy cheaply from anywhere. I remember in the 80s the scandal of shoes made by children in Spain, and clothes made by children in India. "If we don't buy the goods the kids would be on the street" was the conscience-saving retort. Or 'fuggem' as droopy would no doubt have said, were he not shaving his head and dreaming of invading Poland.

Still an issue, though. The way animals are reared for slaughter in parts of the world beyond our scrutiny is just as important as the nifty electronic goods they churn out at our behest. Make your choice, pay your money and catch a cold if the wind turns.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair enough. Anyway my opinion on how the chinese mistreat animals holds valid. It is my opinion and has been for many years. I really can't be arsed to get in an argurment on nsc about it

With you, US. Albeit, just part of a global market where it suits us to turn a blind eye whenever it suits us (wherever there is cheap goods or new tec to be had).

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Do people object to other place named illnesses such as German measles, Marburg Virus and Lassa Fever ?
Swine flu (H1N1) was originally referred to as Mexican flu but was renamed so as not to stigmatise a Nation. Trump has done the reverse and quite on purpose, I feel.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Once this has settled down I would imagine the Chinese along with the rest of the world will be looking for answers, actions and lessons learned to reduce the chance of this happening again.

Would expect nothing less

They are probably going to do things from now on. Looks like they are not clueless about their pandemic creating issues (namely dirty bats):
https://www.scientificamerican.com/...wn-viruses-from-sars-to-the-new-coronavirus1/

China is an oppressive authoritarian state controlled by POS that have millions of braindead minions that keep it in power there and around the world.

In Democratic nations people can criticise their leaders.

In this turd of a nation you disappear if you do.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...g-china-property-tycoon-missing-a9403071.html

I think the PoS is a puppet like most political leaders. The last pieces of their communism died (at latest) with Chen Yung and its now a totalitarian neo-capitalist state. The Communist Party is useful for administration but I believe Wan Gang is pushing the buttons.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think the PoS is a puppet like most political leaders. The last pieces of their communism died (at latest) with Chen Yung and its now a totalitarian neo-capitalist state. The Communist Party is useful for administration but I believe Wan Gang is pushing the buttons.

They still use the same methods to keep the population in check there and OS as they did before. People still go missing, the population still doesn't have a voice.

If anything their reach and influence outside of China is far greater now than it ever was.

Even in this thread we have people defending them and legitimizing them as if they deserve that.

Worst nation in the world in most ways but it doesn't get lumped with the likes of the worlds worst nations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here