Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chicken

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Never really understood this 'but it contains eyes / gentials / guts / feet' etc viewpoint for cheap bits of meat like nuggets and sausages. Would you rather we threw those bits of the animal away and wasted them? Because it seems to me that it's fairer to the animal to make sure we eat all of it, it has died for us to eat it after all. Personally I think It's much worse that some people buy a chicken to roast and only eat the breast. If I had to die so somebody could eat me I'd be pretty pissed off if they only ate my arm.

I buy free range chicken because I can afford to, but a single Mum with four kids can't, so it's good that people like that still have the opportunity to eat chicken and other cheap meat, even if it is at a lower grade. So maybe you should think about it a little more before you start branding people idiots.

maybe you should think a bit more about the following fact....

Hormone injected and badly treated inbred chicken that are mashed up and covered in chemicals, flavorings, and colours is not "low grade chicken" - it is Toxic......it is scientifically better to have a glass of water for dinner than eat that. It is not food, it is toxic chemicals..........hence, people who know this, and still feel ok to buy it, and eat it, are, in my opinion, idiots.

To say you are happy to eat liquidized spines, balls, prostrated due to waste is nonsense, because if you cared about waste you wouldnt eat meat at all due to the amount of grain that is wasted on livestock (that could feed the whole of africa).

your reply falls down in so many places.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
you can eat whatever you choose, or however far your level of research and self respect has gotten you....

View attachment 39701

chicken nuggets -
--------------------
whole chicken is mashed up and sieved (eyes, genitals, brain, guts).
soaked in amonia because covered in bacteria.
coloured and flavored.
cooked.
eaten by idiots.

is that on the pier?

- - - Updated - - -

in 50 years we will look at this generation with contempt

yeah when we are living in a real life Threads we will wonder how people had the time to get worked up about all this.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
is that on the pier?

- - - Updated - - -

yeah when we are living in a real life Threads we will wonder how people had the time to get worked up about all this.

So if our food sources are not a real life problem then what the hell is? It would be interesting to know what problems you are dealing with while we are wasting our time on this?

It's not like we don't all have time on our hands to waste on such trivilaities, is it?

You and [MENTION=14537]matthew[/MENTION] are some hard hearted mother fuckers to think that it is okay to treat animals as they are being treated in those films.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
maybe you should think a bit more about the following fact....

is this like Where's Wally, we have to spot a fact in you rambling? i reckon theres one in there, hiding amongst the hyperbole.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
is this like Where's Wally, we have to spot a fact in you rambling? i reckon theres one in there, hiding amongst the hyperbole.

to simplify for those troubled by commas - A glass of water for dinner is healthier than what commander calls "low grade chicken."

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
So if our food sources are not a real life problem then what the hell is? It would be interesting to know what problems you are dealing with while we are wasting our time on this?

It's not like we don't all have time on our hands to waste on such trivilaities, is it?

You and [MENTION=14537]matthew[/MENTION] are some hard hearted mother fuckers to think that it is okay to treat animals as they are being treated in those films.

When did I advocate treating animals like that, you don't get more environmentally or animal friendly than me!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
to simplify for those troubled by commas - A glass of water for dinner is healthier than what commander calls "low grade chicken."

im troubled by the lack of facts and perpetuate myths, a bit like the pink goo one you posted yesturday. if you want to criticise battery farming, fine, its not good, dont resort to fibs.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
When did I advocate treating animals like that, you don't get more environmentally or animal friendly than me!

So what was the point you were making. I appear to have missed it quite spectaculaly (not for the first time)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Watch if you dare

I was shown this by someone who works for me and I have to say I found it shocking.

This is probably the thin end of the wedge.

People watch videos like that and are shocked because they get to see the reality of the world we live in. There are plenty more f***ed up things happening on this planet, off the top of my head - chinese fur farms, poaching big cats for chinese medicine, japs killing whales, japs killing dolphins, foie gras, genetal mutilation in africa, disabled girl in pakistan getting stoned to death, woman in India gang raped on bus, school massacres in USA, jimmy savile, billions living in poverty and we're wiping out plenty of animal species all the time.

Sometimes I think it's better to live in ignorance and pretend that humans don't do f***ed up things to fellow humans and animals, meat come from a packet in the supermarket and my semi-luxury goods aren't the result of some poor bastard working 15 hour days, 7 days a week in Asia just so I can have it a little bit cheaper.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
On the subject of the authentic ruby, the most important ingredient is the foil box with cardboard lid.

No great mystery here but you make a "curry gravy". Loads of recipes on the internet but its just some onions fried but not till brown with some garlic and ginger. You a little tomato and some chilli if you wish. Some basic spices can also go in, generally cumin and coriander.

You then liquidise the lot. Best to make a huge batch and freeze it.

That is the basis of the traditional great British curry. Loads on the net plus videos on YouTube.

They will have a big bowl in the kitchen. The only difference between the curries really will be the spice mix and a few added ingrediants.

The meat will be all precooked in the morning, previously marinaded in salt and yogurt. Fried with a little of the gravy then allowed to cool and absorb the liquid.

Ever wondered how they knock them out so quick ?

Anyway I have a slightly different technique. Is easier and not swimming in ghee.

I now fry some onions and garlic with a good curry powder. Sorry I make my own' but if you buy it I would go for a paste.

I always use curry leaves if I can get them.

Add your curry gravy and if too thick thin down with chicken stock.

You now let that cool down and pour over raw chicken and freeze in the foil container.

When you want to cook it, defrost and cook in the oven until the chicken is cooked.

The freezing and defrosting process tenderises the meat and since the chicken has been sitting in the curry sauce all that time I can assure it will taste fantastic.

Sounds a bit odd cooking in the oven but it really works. Remember to chuck in a load of coriander leaves when done.

If anyone is interested I've got some strong views on cooking the basmati, by far the hardest rice to get right.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This is probably the thin end of the wedge.

People watch videos like that and are shocked because they get to see the reality of the world we live in. There are plenty more f***ed up things happening on this planet, off the top of my head - chinese fur farms, poaching big cats for chinese medicine, japs killing whales, japs killing dolphins, foie gras, genetal mutilation in africa, disabled girl in pakistan getting stoned to death, woman in India gang raped on bus, school massacres in USA, jimmy savile, billions living in poverty and we're wiping out plenty of animal species all the time.

Sometimes I think it's better to live in ignorance and pretend that humans don't do f***ed up things to fellow humans and animals, meat come from a packet in the supermarket and my semi-luxury goods aren't the result of some poor bastard working 15 hour days, 7 days a week in Asia just so I can have it a little bit cheaper.

I agree with the living in ignorance thing but at the same time it is a bit late. To me it is about appreciating that everytime you spend money you get to have a little say in how the world goes. We have a little bit of power and we should use it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
On the subject of the authentic ruby, the most important ingredient is the foil box with cardboard lid.

No great mystery here but you make a "curry gravy". Loads of recipes on the internet but its just some onions fried but not till brown with some garlic and ginger. You a little tomato and some chilli if you wish. Some basic spices can also go in, generally cumin and coriander.

You then liquidise the lot. Best to make a huge batch and freeze it.

That is the basis of the traditional great British curry. Loads on the net plus videos on YouTube.

They will have a big bowl in the kitchen. The only difference between the curries really will be the spice mix and a few added ingrediants.

The meat will be all precooked in the morning, previously marinaded in salt and yogurt. Fried with a little of the gravy then allowed to cool and absorb the liquid.

Ever wondered how they knock them out so quick ?

Anyway I have a slightly different technique. Is easier and not swimming in ghee.

I now fry some onions and garlic with a good curry powder. Sorry I make my own' but if you buy it I would go for a paste.

I always use curry leaves if I can get them.

Add your curry gravy and if too thick thin down with chicken stock.

You now let that cool down and pour over raw chicken and freeze in the foil container.

When you want to cook it, defrost and cook in the oven until the chicken is cooked.

The freezing and defrosting process tenderises the meat and since the chicken has been sitting in the curry sauce all that time I can assure it will taste fantastic.

Sounds a bit odd cooking in the oven but it really works. Remember to chuck in a load of coriander leaves when done.

If anyone is interested I've got some strong views on cooking the basmati, by far the hardest rice to get right.

Thanks for this, i have bought myself two free range chickens and turned one into three chicken curries and the other into paella . the carcuses have been stocked and partly used for the paella.

the Paella is bloody beautiful and the curries are look good. Thanks for the idea.

Need to improve on my butchering technique though i think!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here