Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chicken

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
you can eat whatever you choose, or however far your level of research and self respect has gotten you....

View attachment 39701

chicken nuggets -
--------------------
whole chicken is mashed up and sieved (eyes, genitals, brain, guts).
soaked in amonia because covered in bacteria.
coloured and flavored.
cooked.
eaten by idiots.

This not used in the UK or the US.

Supposedly.

D

Deleted member 18477

i would love to have a massive budget to buy 'the best' chicken but i dont... chicken is chicken. don't really care how it ends up on my plate.

mmmmm chicken!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
i would love to have a massive budget to buy 'the best' chicken but i dont... chicken is chicken. don't really care how it ends up on my plate.

mmmmm chicken!

You either don't have the budget or you don't care, it can't be both

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Most of the chicken used in the catering industry is frozen and originates from Thailand. If you think there are some intensive methods used in this country, you ain't seen nothing til you see what the Thai's get up to.

D

Deleted member 18477

You either don't have the budget or you don't care, it can't be both

Fair enough I don't care then. Even if I could buy expensive chicken I'd prob still get the 3 packs for a tenner from supermarkets. Although I know it's not as 'succulent'.

Recently I've being getting 5kg of chicken from malpass markets for £20.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Fair enough I don't care then. Even if I could buy expensive chicken I'd prob still get the 3 packs for a tenner from supermarkets. Although I know it's not as 'succulent'.

i found recently the cheap chicken is more "succulent", most likly due to it being pumped full* of water. chicken breast is overrated imo, too often dry and bland. much prefer thigh. bring on the multi-legged chickens.

*well, a few % by weight

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Really wish I could afford to buy local freerange chicken breasts.

I can't, so Tescos affordable chicken it is unfortunately

You can. Just buy a whole free range chicken. For say 7-8 quid.

Learn to joint it your self and you will get a number of meals out of it.

From the leg and breast meat, 2-3 curries which you can freeze.

From the thighs some blinding Spanish rice.

From the bits you can't eat, make soup.

A whole chicken even at 8 quid makes a whole lot of food if you know what to do with it.

Buying breast at any price is a false economy.

Sorry to sound like some liberal urban Guardian reading intelligentsia. I obviously am that :) but actually I was brought up in Burrish and my mum taught us how to cook.

Actually got my brother to thank for the curries. He did the sensible thing and researched how they make them in the take away. None of this authentic I was tracking in Kashmir and brought this wonderful recipe nonsense.

I now make them the same but I authentically store them in the same foil containers.

The least money I have ever spent on food was a few years ago was when I went back to Uni part time.

Because of the admitted luxury of having a trained cook as a mother, I can't stand ready meals. So I started making my own frozen meals. Making all the food for a week at the weekend.

Probably should have documented it. Everything you can and can't do in a foil takeaway container and freeze.

The biggest success weirdly was pasta. After trial and error I discovered that dried uncooked pasta frozen in a sauce, defrosted and cooked in oven not only worked but tasted better.

To such an extent that when I make lasagne it always involves a freezing process.

Sometimes I think I'm in the wrong job.

Last edited:

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
When you are eating your nice cheap chicken in one of the chain restaurants,or at home after buying a buy 1 get 2 free deal at the supermarket,please think of the way the poor buggers are farmed,or better still stop eating chicken unless you know that it is free range not barn kept, free range:thumbsup:

Live Fast Die Young - the life of a meat chicken - YouTube

Definately an eye opener and you've convinced me to buy free range, that was horrible!!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You can. Just buy a whole free range chicken. For say 7-8 quid.

Learn to joint it your self and you will get a number of meals out of it.

From the leg and breast meat, 2-3 curries which you can freeze.

From the thighs some blinding Spanish rice.

From the bits you can't eat, make soup.

A whole chicken even at 8 quid makes a whole lot of food if you know what to do with it.

Buying breast at any price is a false economy.

Sorry to sound like some liberal urban Guardian reading intelligentsia. I obviously am that :) but actually I was brought up in Burrish and my mum taught us how to cook.

Actually got my brother to thank for the curries. He did the sensible thing and researched how they make them in the take away. None of this authentic I was tracking in Kashmir and brought this wonderful recipe nonsense.

I now make them the same but I authentically store them in the same foil containers.

The least money I have ever spent on food was a few years ago was when I went back to Uni part time.

Because of the admitted luxury of having a trained cook as a mother, I can't stand ready meals. So I started making my own frozen meals. Making all the food for a week at the weekend.

Probably should have documented it. Everything you can and can't do in a foil takeaway container and freeze.

The biggest success weirdly was pasta. After trial and error I discovered that dried uncooked pasta frozen in a sauce, defrosted and cooked in oven not only worked but tasted better.

To such an extent that when I make lasagne it always involves a freezing process.

Sometimes I think I'm in the wrong job.

Any chance of sharing these take away curry recipes that sound tikka ti buhna (see what i did there!)

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

Watch if you dare

I was shown this by someone who works for me and I have to say I found it shocking.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
She showed me a couple of others as well, as my dad used to say "the nastiest animal is man".

I eat meat but I think that while it is alive it should be treated with respect. The videos on here are just an appalling way to treat a living breathing thing.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
you can eat whatever you choose, or however far your level of research and self respect has gotten you....

View attachment 39701

chicken nuggets -
--------------------
whole chicken is mashed up and sieved (eyes, genitals, brain, guts).
soaked in amonia because covered in bacteria.
coloured and flavored.
cooked.
eaten by idiots.

Never really understood this 'but it contains eyes / gentials / guts / feet' etc viewpoint for cheap bits of meat like nuggets and sausages. Would you rather we threw those bits of the animal away and wasted them? Because it seems to me that it's fairer to the animal to make sure we eat all of it, it has died for us to eat it after all. Personally I think It's much worse that some people buy a chicken to roast and only eat the breast. If I had to die so somebody could eat me I'd be pretty pissed off if they only ate my arm.

I buy free range chicken because I can afford to, but a single Mum with four kids can't, so it's good that people like that still have the opportunity to eat chicken and other cheap meat, even if it is at a lower grade. So maybe you should think about it a little more before you start branding people idiots.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Very few things make me feel strongly enough to change my eating habits but that last chicken video has done the trick. I for one will not be buying cheap chicken again. I'd rather do without chicken full stop if I cannot afford humaely reared/slaughtered chickens.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
A few weeks ago I bought a free range expensive chicken and it had virtually no flavour whatsoever. Last weekend I bought a cut price "Saver" chicken and it was delicious. I know what I'll buy next time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here