Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chewits wrapper, or not?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Dan’s article is factually accurate.
We wore the NOBO ‘Chewits’ top for the one and only time for the Wembley game - hence ‘nearly promoted in the Chewits wrapper’ wording.

That season’s official away top is on display here - the swirly red/white (pink) photos of the team in the article - and these were taken the week before the final…. John Crumplin’s chicken pox not yet showing.

As mentioned by Dan above, the black and white pic highlights the first wearing of the Chewits top.

The following August we launched the TSB Chewits away top.
The caption under that photo is the bit I was referring to, but I see that they have now updated the article on the club site. Surprised they couldn't find a colour photo of the Chewits shirt though.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
The caption under that photo is the bit I was referring to, but I see that they have now updated the article on the club site. Surprised they couldn't find a colour photo of the Chewits shirt though.

I flagged it and it was changed.

Me too. I found a great pic of the players walking out at Wembley looking a bit sheepish in their new kit but the club didn't have a license for the image. A black and white one doesn't really do it justice!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here