Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chewits wrapper, or not?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
History article on the club website,

When Albion were nearly promoted in 'the Chewits wrapper'​

but this isn't the Chewits wrapper kit, is it?
Capture.JPG

Jul 7, 2003
Strange article and use of photos.

As for Dan Tester describing it as truly horrendous, he wouldn't be saying that if he had one for sale given the prices they go for and I maintain that if either the 'pink' or 'chewit' kit was made as a retro it would sell really well.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Those were the days when a good chuck of our first team was made up of local players, now we are lucky if several are even British.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Strange article and use of photos.

As for Dan Tester describing it as truly horrendous, he wouldn't be saying that if he had one for sale given the prices they go for and I maintain that if either the 'pink' or 'chewit' kit was made as a retro it would sell really well.
Chewit is my favourite kit. I'd buy a remake in a heartbeat.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I really liked this kit, still have the shirt and it fits!. It was replaced for the play off final by the chewit kit, which was awful along with the matching shorts, which were adopted the following season.
The striped shorts from the home kit were a novelty and just about worked, the chewit shorts were hideous relegation fodder.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Here is the Chewit kit, and. I still have mine (y)

Attachments

• IMG_0395.jpeg
    IMG_0395.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 34

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
No and we were sponsored by TSB when it was the chewits
Not strictly true, when we were at Wembley fumbling our chance for promotion, the Chewits kit had NOBO as the sponsor

extra_football_shirt_44139_1.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
That one must be rare as hens’ teeth. I wonder if any survive. I do have a player’s sweatshirt with the Wembley 1991 badge on it.
Shame they didn’t wear the Sports Express shirts they’d used all season.
I know of at least 2 that found their way into the bin on the evening of the play off final. Mine is in fact the 'blood shirt' from the game, it has no number on the back. Another I know of was worn by Mark Barham, number 7, so who knows how many survive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here