Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cheltenham festival 2024

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
PaddyPower gave me a free £5 Cheltenham bet, so as I know bugger all about the gee-gees, I did my usual with any horse racing free bet.

• Look for the first race paying lots of places.
  • Look for a 25/1 or greater shot with a name I like.
  • Use free bet E/W
Unbelievably worked today and won £12:50 for a freebie :lolol: :thumbsup:

16. Twig
25/1
12th Mar CHELTENHAM 14:50 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 1f 0y - Each Way

14:50 12 March 2024
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 6 Places

EDIT
Oooo, exciting. They've given me another one tomorrow, so following the above criteria again, gone for a 33/1 shot this time :lolol:

1710266163265.png

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I wouldn't wish one of my fancies on my worst enemy at the moment I doubt I'll be troubling the bookies too much with my one E/W bet today, Harsh in the 16-50.

Kinda bailed me out as well,even though I had the winner I picked up more for the Harsh place 😘

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
A little bit up after day one,I like sixmilebridge odds in the 17-30 so will give that one my burden e/w today.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Ballyburn in the 13:45 is boosted 1/1 with Bet365.

£10 max stake for me, but I’ve seen others able to put down £40.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Possibly the worst festival day ever today
Agreed.

The offers have been shit, only a handful of freebies being dished out and I'm gubbed with most of them. And although there were a few extra places being paid yesterday, the odds in those races were shocking. I get that their over round has to be higher for EP races, but they were much worse than we've been used to.

And now the 4:10 has been called off, it just sums up this edition of Cheltenham so far. Gash.

Jul 7, 2003
I see Henderson has pulled many of his horses now including Jonbon and Shishkin due to the ongoing issues in the yard.

Jul 7, 2003
The markets agree with you, although Ballyburn has drifted slightly from 4/11 to around 4/9. (Well it hard last time I checked)
The heavy going will give Ile Atlantique a bit more of a chance but I still can't see Ballyburn getting beaten

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Two big Mullins favourite winners.. the bookies will be looking for something from the next race/lottery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here