Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelski- Is Jose the special one now..?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
This basically comes down to Jose understanding that Hazard was cheating to get a player sent off, and completely annoyed that despite the referee calling for medical assistance because the player is feigning that he is badly hurt, his medical staff didn't realise the player was cheating - how naive of them to run on to treat a player when asked to by an official.

Ah, the beauty of football . . .

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Outrage! Outrage!...That'll all be forgotten when the media laps up his next smug "joke" in a presser. Talented coach? Definitely. Serial Winner? Certainly. @rsehole? Of course. Most importantly though: Media darling.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Is he getting a little miffed that the lady Doc is perhaps stealing a little of his limelight when she skips onto the pitch? If l played for Chelsea I'd spend half the game writhing in agony .....:whistle:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
See my post above. Jose was annoyed because as soon as they went on the pitch to treat Hazard, he would need to leave the field of play to then rejoin it. He knew Hazard was feigning injury to get Williams a 2nd yellow card, the referee after asking Hazard if he was okay thought he was hurt badly enough to require treatment so asked for some. Jose is basically saying his staff like him should have also known Hazard was cheating and not entered the field of play.

The other issue is that it is suggested that Hazard was feigning injury ie. cheating and Jose knew and approved .

Charges of bringing the game into disrepute are due .

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Shame on the club that they have backed him to such an extent that she has effectively been stripped of a major part of her responsibility without any possible justification other than to pander to the fool. He and Hazard should be held to account by the FA for bringing the game into disrepute but of course they won't be.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He's an utter moron, the physios did as any professionals should. He's a despicable arrogant bloke, who granted has achieved a lot but you can't ignore how much he's spent at every club he's been at + he's a thoroughly dislikable person

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If it had been a bloke it wouldn't have even made the news.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I fundamentally like Jose, he is a brilliant coach and manager, and much cleverer than most of those interviewing him - but it is getting harder.

He has embarrassed himself a few times down the years, but this was ridiculous, really poor treatment of presumably a highly skilled and qualified professional doctor. And it just wasn't that big a deal anyway. You have to think it was all deliberate to take focus away from how poor Chelsea were on the day. But how does that leave the scapegoat and the backroom staff feeling...

That.

He is turning a little more Jekyll/Hyde every year.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The bloke is a complete bellend whose time would be better spent looking at the antics of his playing staff rather than those of his medical staff.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yes, it would.

It really wouldn't. Can you tell me what happened to the last Chelsea doctor (on any premier league doctor for that matter). It's news because she is glamorous and a female in a male dominated profession. What he said after the game might have been news, but a doctor being demoted/replaced wouldn't have made front page news

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It really wouldn't. Can you tell me what happened to the last Chelsea doctor (on any premier league doctor for that matter). It's news because she is glamorous and a female in a male dominated profession. What he said after the game might have been news, but a doctor being demoted/replaced wouldn't have made front page news

Going completely spacko on the touchline, then publically hanging the medical team out to dry straight afterwards, then sacking them from all matchday duties, all because they were summonsed onto the pitch by the ref to treat a player who was PRETENDING to be in need of medical attention ?

Naah, no story there at all.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

If I'm not mistaken It wasn't just Cameiro it was the male physio also? It is slightly bizzare how they both went on yet Eva Cameiro is the one who seems to have been 'relegated' to not being match day physio.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It made the news because JOSE made it news.

It's never happened before because I don't think a top flight manager has ever blamed their physio in this way before, male or female, attractive or not.

Because he publicly made the criticism, then of course the story continues with regard to demotions. It would have been the same at any of the top clubs following a criticism by the manager, to any gender.

You've obviously not been reading it because

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

I was thinking this myself. I couldn't even tell you the name our club doctor, let alone any other club's yet Carneiro is fairly well know amongst English football fans.

As for Mourinho himself, the man is an utter thunderc*nt. The media fawn over him because of the backpage fuel he provides and his reputation benefits as such, when was the last time you read a report that didn't refer to him at some point as 'The Special One'? The fact he managed to convince half the country that Barnes was some kind of devil spawn just because Matic ran into his pass goes to show how influential he can be.

A good coach and tactician? Undoubtedly so but he makes Alex Ferguson look like a total gentleman.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If I'm not mistaken It wasn't just Cameiro it was the male physio also? It is slightly bizzare how they both went on yet Eva Cameiro is the one who seems to have been 'relegated' to not being match day physio.

They both have been relieved of match day duties apparently reading what is being said in the papers. Some will come in who understands the club cheating charter better.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If 'the special one' had even an ounce of class he would have waited to discuss the situation with the medical team behind closed doors but no he choose to make it headline news by jumping around like a maniac on the touch line and then calling her out in the resulting press conference

He deserves all the criticism and negative headlines coming his and the clubs way disgusting behaviour towards a club representative. Notice hazard avoided his public criticism for feigning injury when his team were already down to 10 men

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
They both have been relieved of match day duties apparently reading what is being said in the papers. Some will come in who understands the club cheating charter better.

Really? I've not actually seen him being relieved of his match day duties mentioned anywhere! You're probsbly right though

Reading the article on the BBC site the important bit for me..

It added: "A refusal to run onto the pitch would have breached the duty of care required of the medical team to their patient.

"The precedent set by this incident demonstrates that the medical care of players appears to be secondary to the result of the game."

The Professional Footballers' Association added: "The player and the referee are the initial judges as to whether treatment is required and the matter is then the responsibility of the highly qualified and trained medical staff."

Basically, Mourinho is a tit and he should not be allowed to get away with with he said but he's mourinho so he probably will :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here