[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Weak ref. Shocking decision.
It's VAR's decision. Very difficult for them to go against VAR, who have had time to check. If it's wrong, then it's VAR that were wrong.

Never a penalty but if Steele gets off his line quicker than no decision to make!
Here we go again, despite the first half lessons, Steele derangement syndrome kicks in again lol

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Has there ever been a VAR recommendation that the referee should take a look at the TV replay that results in the on pitch referee telling VAR to F$¥@ Off
I think it’s happened twice. Michael Oliver and 1 other.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Even the commentator said I hope he is able to have the confidence to go to the monitor and trust his original decision.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We were poor when AEK went down to 10 on Thursday and we haven’t been any better today. It’s surprising as you’d think our style would be suited to having an extra man.

It's VAR's decision. Very difficult for them to go against VAR, who have had time to check. If it's wrong, then it's VAR that were wrong.
I think it was 50-50 but the kind of one that VAR has tended to leave to the match day ref. That we found an activist VAR guy today is a sickener. Pawson knew it was 50-50 with his limp hand actions but he isn’t going to overturn the VAR recommendation once it’s made

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
FFS I really wish keepers would stand their ground and react Rather than guess at penalties
It's proven. They can't.

The speed the ball travels at and the speed to see and react from keeper, the taker will always score if its in corner and they wait. Basically keepr has 3 choices, left right or middle. Waiting to see isn't possible

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Has any referee after saying no penalty and asked to review onscreen EVER said no, I was right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports