[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Now they're inventing Chelsea penalty shouts.

This coverage is like comedy gold. :lolol:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Aluko is useless. Well done Clattenberg for saying neither are penaltiies. And I wish I was singing Aluko's praises not him

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
****ing hell, they're desperately trying to find a penalty for Chelsea now.
We're gonna lose this 2-1 aren't we?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Imagine how long Tuchel would have lasted had he been asked to manage Chelsea with a transfer ban like Lampard had to.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
****ing hell, they're desperately trying to find a penalty for Chelsea now.
We're gonna lose this 2-1 aren't we?

:lolol:

All in a good cause though. There's a title race to think about remember :lol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Tuchel…what a dickhead …..:ffsparr:

….so many injuries ….injuries….did I mention injuries ….don’t forget the injuries :cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

He’s such a predictable prick. A graceless one at that. He’s lucky to have a point tonight and should be more than satisfied with.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It doesn't normally get to but tonight it has.
The pre match summaries, the pre match interviews, the commentary and especially Townsend and all this after match stuff is incredibly biased.
Sure there are some parts bigging us up but they have no choice because we were brilliant tonight and could have won.
My piss is really boiling, I even feel like complaining if I knew how and it can't be assumed as sour grapes either.
It seems to me that when channels do not get much live football they go totally overboard on the big teams and the big players.
Tonight Amazon have totally embarrassed themselves.
Well done Potter for calling out the pre match horrendous interview.

What was this?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Tuchel is really in the Klopp/Guardiola mould. Seems a decent guy generally and happy to dish out praise to teams that are nice enough to roll over for them, but as soon as their teams start underperforming they turn into sour, moaning old twats.

Pressure is genuinely on him now, knowing Chelsea he could be out of a job come the end of the season if they don't win the league.

Didn't have much feeling either way towards him, Mount or Pulisic but they're all on my Prick List after tonight.

Klopp needs a shave whilst Guardiola needs the hair and Tuchel needs to stop sucking his thumb. But yes, they all need to grow up. Could learn a lot about Grace and humility from our man Graham.

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
Jacob Steinberg’s sum up in The Guardian:

‘ This time it was not even about Chelsea’s wastefulness. They barely created anything after taking the lead through Romelu Lukaku’s header in the first half and could have no complaints after this costly draw with Brighton, who thoroughly outplayed the European champions before Danny Welbeck came off the bench to earn them a deserved point in stoppage time.’

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Incidentally - kudos to the ref for playing EXACTLY 4 mins added time, despite the Chelsea fans timewasting by failing to return the ball. I'd like to think he'd have added a minute or two if we hadn't equalised.

:moo:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211229_215509_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211229_215509_com.android.chrome.jpg
    573.5 KB · Views: 236

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports