Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

It’s really not that strange a team is it?

Resting Lallana and Maupay is a decision that could go either way.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Lallana has to play on Saturday, therefore being rested

Yup i can see why he has picked this team. Save the best for SU. Anyway who knows this team is capable of getting a result. Mac must be chomping at the bit to play.:clap2:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Back 3 with Burn and Veltman at wing back?

Can’t wait to see Pulisic running at Burn! [emoji33]

Looks a decent line up to me. BDB at LWB is fine with Webby behind him - Pulisic might not enjoy that so much. Veltman at RWB is just fine - Gross can move infield to which he is better suited. Mac Argie (about time he got a start!) in as Lallana replacement/number 10 - he should be happy there.

Yep, happy with all that - Lallana to destroy the Blades on Saturday!

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
going to be a strange affair. not in our favour as Chelsea have pulled out of the ESL as their players will probably feel more relaxed.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Let's hope the past few days have taken their toll on the Chelsea team.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I’m pleased with that team. Whether we like it or not Lallana can’t play two games in four days so save him for Sheffield United, a game we have a far better chance of the 3 points we need. Also Moder did well to step in but this is Chelsea and so an actual defender in a wing back roll rather than a makeshift young midfielder is sensible.

I was perhaps a touch surprised about Maupay but pleased to see Mac Alister back.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Hopefully the team selection alone will be enough to bore the Chelsea players into submission. It's been a while since I've seen a team selection so devoid of pace and creativity.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Had strange selections before and not done too bad, let's see what tonight brings. Hopefully Chelsea players distracted by the SPL

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Hopefully the team selection alone will be enough to bore the Chelsea players into submission. It's been a while since I've seen a team selection so devoid of pace and creativity.

Huh? What’s different to our last unchanged lineups?

Are you missing the breakneck pace of Lallana and Maupay?

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Nice comment from Glen Murray - "Hopefully it is all falling apart. What I do want to say is that I am really happy with the fans and the public and solidarity that they shown - we can't forget that this started as working-class sport. "

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
going to be a strange affair. not in our favour as Chelsea have pulled out of the ESL as their players will probably feel more relaxed.

Yes.... I hope this news doesn't cause a 'bounce' in Chelsea's favour.....

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Other clubs like Barca now pulling back from ESL. No chance of any Brighton coverage before KO now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here