Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
This last few days is the first time I've been worried all season.

We're really, really bad. Something needs to change.

Well we were terrible all season. Just getting very very lucky.

At least hughton brings on a defender for a winger. Absolute madness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
No no no. You're not allowed to say that on here because the oldies get offended when they have to take the BHAFC beer glasses off.

Like I said earlier. We've been gutless. We are letting their back four start attacks in our final 3rd because we are scared of them.

Our back four have been great but there is not a lot you can do when the midfield let David Luiz run into our 3rd and open up space.

We lost the game before it started.

The oldies get more offended when some young tit decides to bracket them all together and slag them off for being over whatever age you think is old enough to be ageist about!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As i have said repeatedly, losing is not an issue, showing no fight and looking like a side who could sleepwalk to ****ing league one is.

How can you "show fight" when you can't get hold of the ball? We did show fight for the first 60 minutes, we were undone by one mistake (which happens) and two world class goals.

Honestly Chris is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He sets up defensively in games like this and people whinge that he's not showing enough fight. If he sets up to go at the opposition and gets humped 7-0 then tell me how that's better?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
More turgid shit served up by the manager

Thanks Chris , I’m enjoying the ride :facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If you don’t see the pluses in that half you shouldn’t be a Brighton fan. Stephens was excellent. Bissouma is a joy to watch. Bong has been tenacious, just love watching Bruno play and Andone is the smiling assassin. Chelsea have played well and deserve their lead but this performance is a 100% better then the dross served up against Saints.

I think you can count the amount of times we have played 'well' this season on one hand, including the cup run. We have actually regressed from last season despite spending £50 million since January.

Extremely lucky and arguably undeserved if we get away with it and stay up.

Very true. Outstanding PL performances:
ManU home
CP home
CP away
Watford home
West Ham away for a period

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So many toys out of pram. The problem was losing on Saturday, those are the games we need to be doing better in. Rocking up at Stamford Bridge and getting beaten is what teams outside the top 6 do, repeatedly.

Well yes, that’s the point, it doesn’t matter who we play these days, we’re crap against everyone (except Palace)!

Hughton can’t stay immune from criticism, regardless of what a great man he is and what he’s done in the past. We don’t seem to be learning or changing anything for any game.

We are by far the most predictable side in the league. Teams must love it when they see they’ve got us coming up. No ambition, no invention and worst of all, no fight.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
But there's a way to lose these games. I know ultimately you still get zero points, but Cardiff for example are showing much more fight lately than we are in these games, so unlucky the day against a team that are thrashing us. Hopefully it's too little too late for them though...

Cardiff goal difference -33
Brighton goal difference -12

Worth an extra point

I assume we're also ignoring that Cardiff were at home while we aren't?

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
It's been a bizarre old season. Our squad is massively uninspiring, we are so devoid of any pace or quality within the midfield or on the wings. Yet we may somehow stay up and we have made an FA Cup Semi Final.

We HAVE to make some serious changes regardless of what division we are in next season. Look at what other wingers and midfielders bring to clubs of similar stature- regular goals, assists, pace, power and dynamism. We have no complete players in these areas.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
How can you "show fight" when you can't get hold of the ball? We did show fight for the first 60 minutes, we were undone by one mistake (which happens) and two world class goals.

Honestly Chris is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He sets up defensively in games like this and people whinge that he's not showing enough fight. If he sets up to go at the opposition and gets humped 7-0 then tell me how that's better?

Or, and heres just a thought, but why not ****ing at least press them and not not stand off and let every ****ing side walk through us.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

When he sets up to go at the oppo and we get humped 7-0 we’ll talk

Until then , you’re talking shit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here