Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea - up for sale, Roman Abramovich sanctioned, not up for sale etc

SAC

May 21, 2014
You can now see why it took so long to sanction him. Very complicated as clearly government wanted to make sure he doesnt benefit from any income or sales but didnt want to penalise players or supporters

It's the players I feel sorry for!

If they can't sell tickets to away fans, will clubs reciprocate by not allowing Chelsea fans to buy tickets for their away matches?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

If they can't sell tickets to away fans, will clubs reciprocate by not allowing Chelsea fans to buy tickets for their away matches?

They'll have obligations to give allocations, so they'll have to give them for free ....

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021

I don't think other clubs will be able to trade with Chelsea at all and certainly Chelsea won't be able to sell tickets on behalf of other clubs.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

may not be able to, usually sold through the club.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If Abramovich can neither take money out or put money in, how will they pay their players?

If they don't sell, they lose around £80m per year on the way they're run. If they don't win anything this season, that could be double like it was last season.
[MENTION=3462]Springal[/MENTION], good point about away fans. If they cannot 'sell' tickets, then they should be forced to give them to the away clubs for free, the away clubs sell them for typical value and all proceeds go to Ukraine relief funds.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Likewise. All of a sudden it really makes this war seem very real.

I have set up a donation point in my village and I'll be using the money to buy Sky Sports subscriptions for Chelsea supporters who will no longer be able to go to Stamford Bridge plus I've offered my spare room to Antonio Rudiger and Christian Pulisic.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Will they still be able to receive the Sky money?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If Abramovich can neither take money out or put money in, how will they pay their players?

If they don't sell, they lose around £80m per year on the way they're run. If they don't win anything this season, that could be double like it was last season.
[MENTION=3462]Springal[/MENTION], good point about away fans. If they cannot 'sell' tickets, then they should be forced to give them to the away clubs for free, the away clubs sell them for typical value and all proceeds go to Ukraine relief funds.

let not worry about any of that. people wanted sanctions, got sanctions, dont need to worry about consequenses.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Really? No, really? I couldn't give a sh&t about the players to be honest.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Chelsea should also get a points deduction for winning all those trophies, essentially achieved from the loot of criminally acquired state assets.

50 points please.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Will they still be able to receive the Sky money?

There seems to be suggestion they can be awarded prize money and broadcast income but it won't be released to them currently.

That was in a times article. Suggests those funds will be frozen. Not sure how much they would have in reserve for wages before that would become an issue

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
image.png

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Perhaps they will have to live within their means and cut costs accordingly?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Theres a few people getting over excited on this - but I agree with the suggestion from people that know better than me of the following:

- Probably speeds up sale now - will surely happen within weeks now.
- Away fans - to Stamford Bridge, free tickets. For an away game, Chelsea fans purchase from the home club directly.
- FA Cup - Difficult because of ticket gate split, but perhaps Chelsea forgo theirs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here