Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea Twitter- hilarious

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That's a well written addition to the old man shouts at cloud oeuvre but I can't say I agree.

Plenty of young people still believe that no topic is off limits when it comes to comedy but it's all about context, delivery and the target.

If the joke is punching down, many, young and old, would say it's not acceptable. Is that a bad thing? A bit of racist/sexist banter at work may have been ok a few decades ago but now it'd be viewed very differently. Likewise, with people blacking up until very recently. Times change.

Last week, someone on here made a "joke" about Koreans eating dogs. Is that funny? Imo it's just perpetuating stereotypes and has no comedic value.

Of course there are some today that would set boundaries on what is acceptable but that's always been true. There were blasphemy laws in Britain until recently and still are in Northern Ireland. Mary Whitehouse wanted to ban everything in the 70s. Some of the free-thinking older generation find things like a gay kiss on TV an affront to decency; perhaps, because they were taught that it was?

Tldr: the idea that older generations are free-thinking radicals whilst the youth today are closed minded snowflakes is bollocks imo.
This. It does give Jimmy Carr an excuse to wheel out his tiresome old One Direction material again though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep, it’s written in the stars. Chelsea will beat us tonight!
If they beat us it will be because they played better in a football match, not because we laughed at their more ridiculous Twitter accounts. And, if they do, there'll be dancing in the streets of Lagos tonight while most of us head to bed going "m'eh".

Literally nothing is written in the stars.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If they beat us it will be because they played better in a football match, not because we laughed at their more ridiculous Twitter accounts. And, if they do, there'll be dancing in the streets of Lagos tonight while most of us head to bed going "m'eh".

I know. It was an ‘expression’ often used.

All things being equal, we should beat them tonight, but, in football, things are never equal, which is why gambling companies make a fortune.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
To be totally honest, not that bothered about the result tonight, we have two important games coming up against Villa and Marseille.
The gloating will be slightly annoying, but let them have their day in the sun, I am not fussed.

Caveat: Listening to the match though I will be willing us on and probably go in a mini hissy fit, if we lose a tight game.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world

Agree with the 'not written in the stars' sentiment but winning/losing/drawing runs eventually come to an end, see us vs WHU. I have a feeling tonight will see a Chelsea win. Hope I'm wrong.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Agree with the 'not written in the stars' sentiment but winning/losing/drawing runs eventually come to an end, see us vs WHU. I have a feeling tonight will see a Chelsea win. Hope I'm wrong.
Well i have just looked out of my front room window and to my left was a bit of cloud that looked like a 1 and to my right one that looked like a 3.
Make of that what you will.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If they win, I wonder if, after beating Brighton in the 'Noddy North Ameica Cup' or whatever it was called, some CHELS fans will claim to have done the double over us already this season? :lolol:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We get through this tie, there's plenty of chances of drawing lower league opponents.

If we want to be big, we have to think big

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Yep, it’s written in the stars. Chelsea will beat us tonight!
I really don't do predictions, there are too many unknowns, but I do think that Chelsea need a win in this competition more than us. Ironically it seems the general feeling from both fanbases is that their team will lose!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think I see what the problem is with lack of goals – they are aiming in the wrong place :lol:

(Apologies for the Crodo-sized image)

Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 14.32.14.png

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
The state of this thread! No comedy Chelsea tweets for ages, some minor digression on satire, a load of Chelsea articles and twitter is called X these days anyway.

I sincerely hope things are rectified tonight!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here