Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea tickets for £1!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think Bry has a fair point. If such an offer was advertised elsewhere and someone from NSC pointed it out as misleading in their opinion, it'd be considered fair comment. Just because an offer of that nature is bringing £££ to NSC, we're now expected to be mealy-mouthed about this kind of advertising hocus-pocus.

(Having said that, though, £6.90 for two large portions of chips and cod is pretty good deal).

I'm sorry but I disagree.

There is no way from the ad and the voucher anyone is going to rock up with an expectation that they will be able to purchase a single fish & chips for £1 in isolation from any other purchase.

Adverts that say "You can have this!" that then say "...if you also do this" in small print are commonplace and I don't think that this example is a bad example of that - it's very explicit as to what the deal is.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
This sort of advertising is commonplace. There is nothing to stop you from ignoring it and getting on with your life. Jeez some people take things way too seriously and will take offence at just about anything! Personally think its a good deal.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
This sort of advertising is commonplace. There is nothing to stop you from ignoring it and getting on with your life. Jeez some people take things way too seriously and will take offence at just about anything! Personally think its a good deal.

No-one is saying their life is ruined and can't go on because of that advert. We're just having a discussion about it and expressing our views either way and listening to other people's. What's wrong with that?

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
No-one is saying their life is ruined and can't go on because of that advert. We're just having a discussion about it and expressing our views either way and listening to other people's. What's wrong with that?

I just think people are getting a bit sensitive over one very harmless and self explanatory advert. If people don't like the offer. Why not just ignore it? Its really not that difficult to work out is it? I don't think its going to help promote NSC for business if the advertiser gets hammered for any advert they put up. Then again, any publicity is good ... ?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I just think people are getting a bit sensitive over one very harmless and self explanatory advert. If people don't like the offer. Why not just ignore it? Its really not that difficult to work out is it? I don't think its going to help promote NSC for business if the advertiser gets hammered for any advert they put up. Then again, any publicity is good ... ?

Alternatively, knowing that there is some pockets of resistance to such an advertising ploy might be instructive to potential advertisers to NSC in refining what words they use to communicate their offers in future.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Alternatively, knowing that there is some pockets of resistance to such an advertising ploy might be instructive to potential advertisers to NSC in refining what words they use to communicate their offers in future.

This is NSC though so there will be pockets of resistance to just about anything. ??? :smile:

Broadwater Fish Bar

Jul 17, 2012
Surely a better analogy would be two Chelsea tickets for £31? Which sounds like a cracking deal! We haven't put up the price of our large cod and chips for this offer - just provided any takers the opportunity to get an additional fish and chips for a quid!

Anyway, at least it's got people talking about us! :)

For anyone who missed the thread pertinent to the current discussion, here it is: Fish Chips for a £1! - Broadwater Fish Bar, Worthing [Sponsored Sticky]

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
This is NSC though so there will be pockets of resistance to just about anything. ??? :smile:

Yup, that's probably true. It's a hallmark of this forum and one that I quite like :thumbsup:

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
For anyone who missed the thread pertinent to the current discussion, here it is: Fish Chips for a £1! - Broadwater Fish Bar, Worthing [Sponsored Sticky]

Maximising the opportunity :lolol:

I showed it to my wife and asked her what was on offer - she said 'buy a large cod & chips for £5.90 and you can have a cod & chips for £1'.

Seems straightforward enough. :thumbsup:

Is this open to everyone on NSC or just Brighton fans? If it's the latter, I'm Danny Seagull ok?

Broadwater Fish Bar

Jul 17, 2012
Maximising the opportunity :lolol:

I showed it to my wife and asked her what was on offer - she said 'buy a large cod & chips for £5.90 and you can have a cod & chips for £1'.

Seems straightforward enough. :thumbsup:

Is this open to everyone on NSC or just Brighton fans? If it's the latter, I'm Danny Seagull ok?

Of course :wink:

The offer is open to everyone with a voucher, regardless of who they support! :)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here