Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea plan to knock down Stamford Bridge and build a new 60,000 capacity stadium

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
The phrase "you can't buy taste" springs to mind. Horrible, horrible design which, having lived in that part of London, I sincerely hope gets built so as to annoy the snobbish locals.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
right , i'll state my case , im a season ticket holder at brighton , ive had 4 season tickets for 3 years , i gave up my chelsea season ticket last year, so ive no interest in simply slagging off brighton, but it amazes me how brighton fans can self righteously slag off plastics, jcl's or whatever you want to call them when their own team couldnt fill an 8000 capacity ground until very , very recently, ive been given various excuses such as the terrible facilities , rubbish quality of football , all things that chelsea suffered from until they got a rich benefactor , you really ought to be able to see the parallels , if brighton dont get promotion or went back down to league one then i can guarantee they will see fans deserting in their droves , hopefully it wont happen and ''we'' will get promoted this year, either way i'll be back next season along with my kids.

Good you've posted back and i agree EVERY team has these fans. I didn't just mean Chelsea. Here's an example of what i mean. Couple seasons back when Brighton was doing well and up around the playoff's i would often in the first time in about 15 years see people and kids in Brighton shirts. Last season however i would see the odd One or Two. Alot of people whether they like to admit it or not have a 2nd team or follow/Have a softpot for another and like to keep up with their results. Trust me i'm far from self righteous when it comes to plastics as i put my hands up and say i used to be one myself.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Old news about the new stadium but Twickenham seems to be in the running as a home ground whilst it's being built...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Old news about the new stadium but Twickenham seems to be in the running as a home ground whilst it's being built...

That's the obvious option as long as the RFU can bear having the round-ball-game oiks on their patch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
right , i'll state my case , im a season ticket holder at brighton , ive had 4 season tickets for 3 years , i gave up my chelsea season ticket last year, so ive no interest in simply slagging off brighton, but it amazes me how brighton fans can self righteously slag off plastics, jcl's or whatever you want to call them when their own team couldnt fill an 8000 capacity ground until very , very recently, ive been given various excuses such as the terrible facilities , rubbish quality of football , all things that chelsea suffered from until they got a rich benefactor , you really ought to be able to see the parallels , if brighton dont get promotion or went back down to league one then i can guarantee they will see fans deserting in their droves , hopefully it wont happen and ''we'' will get promoted this year, either way i'll be back next season along with my kids.

Why did you support Chelsea? Did you used to live in London or something? :lolol:

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Unsure they'll be filling The Bridge in the Championship, let alone needing a 60K butt-hole.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Good you've posted back and i agree EVERY team has these fans. I didn't just mean Chelsea. Here's an example of what i mean. Couple seasons back when Brighton was doing well and up around the playoff's i would often in the first time in about 15 years see people and kids in Brighton shirts. Last season however i would see the odd One or Two. Alot of people whether they like to admit it or not have a 2nd team or follow/Have a softpot for another and like to keep up with their results. Trust me i'm far from self righteous when it comes to plastics as i put my hands up and say i used to be one myself.
fair enough mate, decent response.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
they wouldnt even let the FA have cup finals there during the wembley rebuild so i would be surprised if they let chelsea move there.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

You can go to Chelsea now they have some more seats. :wave:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Top work fella! :thumbsup:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Yeah, why not. Enhance their current sense of steep history by demolishing a characterful ground and replacing it with a plastic behemoth. Who needs tradition, they've already bought the league enough times. Get rid of the pies and give fans a tiny intravenous drip or an implant they can inhale or absorb pre-masticated refreshment through as well. Replace the club badge with an emblem of a plastic bin. Launch party at Dstrkt sponsored by VK and Botox.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yeah, why not. Enhance their current sense of steep history by demolishing a characterful ground and replacing it with a plastic behemoth. Who needs tradition, they've already bought the league enough times. Get rid of the pies and give fans a tiny intravenous drip or an implant they can inhale or absorb pre-masticated refreshment through as well. Replace the club badge with an emblem of a plastic bin. Launch party at Dstrkt sponsored by VK and Botox.
This is taken from a chelsea forum :
''60,000 capacity stadium fills me with dread! Who are the tickets going to go to ? 58,000 half scarf wearing , selfie stick holding, half kit sporting, don't know the songs singing , definitely don't know the heritage and history , muppets . God help us there won't be a working class geezer in sight.''

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here