• Chelsea

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 140 89.7%

• Total voters

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Chelsea are such a plastic club, a creation of the premier league era, a second tier club boosted by dirty money and a legion of armchair fans and tourists. In as much as a modern super club can be rooted in community and tradition, Liverpool are that that, a club that still feels in touch with its pre sky sports history. So for me Liverpool all the way. But then I wasn't born half a world away in the 21st century so I expect my opinions might be a little outdated

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
With a gun to the head it would be Liverpool as they are not the car crash club that Chelsea is.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Will Liverpool actually want him as he’s clearly appeared to have ‘played’ them?

One minute he was very interested in signing the next he wants to go to Chelsea because he’d agreed to join them in May 🤷‍♂️

The May aspect makes his ‘heartfelt’ speech at the Players Awards, 12 days ago, even more laughable.
Agree, but this whole “I agreed to join in May” is naive and a breach of contract.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
That's like being given the choice between standing on an upturned electric plug or stubbing a toe on a bed post (albeit being paid handsomely to do either, while being cheered on by a blood sucking agent)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Liverpool every time.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I’d want to play for the bigger club and the better manager, if we’re talking purely from a career perspective.

Then again I’m not a fan of London so that wouldn’t persuade me as it has others. And Chelsea are a horrible club.

So Liverpool. By a clear distance to be honest.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
I hope he goes to Chelsea as it will improve our Europa cup chances. If I was him I'd go to Liverpool, Euro football and the club is not a basket case.

BiffyBoy100

Apr 20, 2020
I went with Chelsea, purely on location. I wouldn't want to live in or close to Liverpool even on those wages....

Got me thinking though. As a professional footballer, how much do you get to enjoy the city you live in. I recently saw Cucurella out for a walk close to Imperial Wharf, and he's pretty easy to spot.

I imagine London is big enough to stay somewhat anonymous.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Chelsea are such a plastic club, a creation of the premier league era, a second tier club boosted by dirty money and a legion of armchair fans and tourists. In as much as a modern super club can be rooted in community and tradition, Liverpool are that that, a club that still feels in touch with its pre sky sports history. So for me Liverpool all the way. But then I wasn't born half a world away in the 21st century so I expect my opinions might be a little outdated
I feel the same. I’d prefer he goes to Liverpool if only to p*ss off Chelsea and their arrogant and thick fans who don’t get the irony of being outraged at having to pay a ridiculous price in a market they’ve created by paying stupid prices for Mudryk, Enzo and others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here