Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea bid £105m for Enzo Fernandez

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So, when will it stop?

This is ridiculous. Clearly Potter isn't influencing a long term transfer strategy in the slightest.

They will have spent £500m since Boehly came in. How is that fair play at all?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It does make you wonder if Potter was told what it was going to be like. Doesn't seem like a strategy to suit how he would want to build long term at all.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It does make you wonder if Potter was told what it was going to be like. Doesn't seem like a strategy to suit how he would want to build long term at all.

Hey, Gray-Ham, yeah we’ve got another one for you.

I get the impression that football purest GP isn’t a massive fan of this.

Imagine getting the squad alligned finally after a poor run and having to make promises to squad memeberd on position and game time then that fat oaf kicks the doors in at Cobham with another one in tow

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I’m not so sure
seems predominantly young signings on long contracts
Just the impatience of the entitled fans may not permit him the time to develop them

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Imagine getting the squad alligned finally after a poor run and having to make promises to squad memeberd on position and game time then that fat oaf kicks the doors in at Cobham with another one in tow
They pronounce it more like Gram, don't they? Very weird sounding.

And Craig sounding like Creg. What's that all about?

Creg Gram.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Two things:

1) Chelsea's cheating and overspending makes it even funnier when they don't compete. I hope they almost go bust like Portsmouth.
2) As an aside, the highest non-PL transfer this January window is just £9.4m.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m not so sure
seems predominantly young signings on long contracts
Just the impatience of the entitled fans may not permit him the time to develop them
Long contracts were to swerve FFP, well documented and UEFA are acting immediately to close that cheating.

Boehly's not spending these obscene sums to appease fans, he's doing to buy CL football and silverware for himself.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Two things:

1) Chelsea's cheating and overspending makes it even funnier when they don't compete. I hope they almost go bust like Portsmouth.
2) As an aside, the highest non-PL transfer this January window is just £9.4m.
Nicked from another forum:

Chavs have spent more money this January than all clubs in La Liga, Seria A, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga combined.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel

“(Sucks teeth) It is what it is.”

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Long contracts were to swerve FFP, well documented and UEFA are acting immediately to close that cheating.

Boehly's not spending these obscene sums to appease fans, he's doing to buy CL football and silverware for himself.
OK and yes you re correct x 2
But if told you had the option to bring along elite ( potential until proven ) young ish talent as opposed to with us and our model
You can kind of see the attraction for Potter
that and the £££
Even if the small print of the deal is working out slightly differently
Do we really know what deal he was sold ?
Other than a vast incremental up shift in wages
Sustainable development 🤔obviously out the window
But what does GP do walk away
Its his bed to lye in until he gets booted out

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
OK and yes you re correct x 2
But if told you had the option to bring along elite ( potential until proven ) young ish talent as opposed to with us and our model
You can kind of see the attraction for Potter
that and the £££
Even if the small print of the deal is working out slightly differently
Do we really know what deal he was sold ?
Other than a vast incremental up shift in wages
Sustainable development 🤔obviously out the window
But what does GP do walk away
Its his bed to lye in until he gets booted out
Potter's angle, he'll love all this. He was making little progress. Boehly's set about buying half a new squad of the most sought after players in world football.

Guardiola thrives when Barca, Bayern or Mansour does that, any Chelsea coach worth his salt should now clock up win after win.

The EPL is more than gutless, it's complicit.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
How does this transfer work? Chelsea have met his release clause and want to pay in installments, but Benfica want the fee up front. Surely for the the clause to be activated it requires the fee upfront?
FFP is about the amortisation though right? So it's the balance sheet that's key, not the cash flow. Benfica will get their money, and Chelsea can still depreciate over 5 (or whatever) years.

I think there is some differnece when you activate a buy out clause, but surely Chelsea can have a word with Benfica and say 'this 119.99 is our bid... it's not the buy out clause'. Depends on Benfica at that point I guess.

I hope Chelsea land this because it's going to make them look EVEN more pathetic.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
From a dullard:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here