Cheerio

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
I left 85th minute as the game was over, I leave early most games depending on the scoreline, because as a father I make sure my kid doesn't get knocked over by people scrambling to get to the station or crushed on a train that breaks every health and safety rule going...

Dec 29, 2011
Falmer station is literally the smallest station i've ever seen. It was created to deal with a few village folk who wanted their monthly trip to the big city, it wasn't designed to transport 10,000 fans away in a quick space of time. Hopefully it will be expanded or something will be done to improve the efficiency/speed of the trains.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Judging by the tweets I read yesterday its not surprising so many left early after the difficulties in getting to Falmer and probably expecting the same for the return journey.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
The transport links and excessive queueing times are to blame. Staying to watch a few minutes extra time can add an extra hour getting into town or home, until this improves people have the choice to leave early and I don't blames them.

The ones that piss me off are 35 minutes into the match sodding off for halftime grub.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
My view on this is... that if you allocate your time on a Sat, Sun a Friday or whenever the match is at whatever time
then you have allocated that time to going to football for from whenever you leave the house to whenever you get home !!!!

If it is an emergency and you have to get home then, yes fair enough if not why bother ?????
There was people last night leaving in the Albion crowd last night on 69 minutes WTF ????????

I would never leave until the final whistle unless it was an emergency !!!! MEH !!

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I wouldn't do it, but I can understand leaving a few minutes early at the end of a game with more than 1 goal difference in the score. But at half time you could at least wait until 44 mins rather than 35. The atmosphere really deteriorates, and it must affect the players.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I never leave my seat,even during half time.. 1901 have a lot of corporate fans who start leaving about 35 mins to get coffee and don't come back till 50 mins...but at the end of the game it makes a lot of difference...last night I left on 88 mins...there was 3 mins E.T...so I missed 5 mins....bad fan...but with that I got to the front of the queue in the carpark and I got home at 10.50...I live 20 miles from the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports