Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheapest hospitality for Arsenal vs Citeh is £780 pp!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I'm genuinely surprised that so many people think that the prices charged for corporate seats don't impact them financially. Of course, they don't impact us directly, but they sure as hell do indirectly.

In my OP, I said that the reason I was looking was because a client of my company wants to go. That client has asked us to design them an espresso coffee machine that can create 3 more bar of pressure than their existing top of the line model. In order to continue the excellent relationship with this client, my opinion is that we should entertain this client to a game of footie. He's chosen Arsenal v City. The cost of the game will be a cost to my business. I have to maintain my margins, so this cost (plus margin) will be passed on to the client. He has to maintain the margins in his business so the cost to him will be incorporated in his selling price for the coffee machine. Thus, every new coffee machine that he sells will contain a (small, admittedly) part of the cost of the game! So, in the majority of cases, the price of corporate hospitality does indeed affect us all, albeit to a small amount per person.

Perhaps if you marketed the coffee machine yourself, you wouldn't have to slum it at the Emirates ???

Dec 29, 2011
We would play fewer games, therefore there would be fewer opportunities for merchandise sales as well as food & drink sales. (23 home games vs 19 home games) This means lost revenue so prices will probably go up to compensate for this.

Some of the attitudes in this thread shock me, most of all the above. You've admitted we get to see less games, therefore prices staying the same would equal a per-game price rise anyway. And you're justifying a further rise by saying we'll sell less merchandise?!

Despite what some in this thread would like to believe, football can't be summed up using Economics 101, it goes much further than that. If we got promoted and the ticket price increased by more than 3% I'd be pissed off.

The Germans have got it right, a season ticket for the European Champions for only £150? And to sum it all up, this excellent quote from Munich's president:

"'We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us?
'In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan.
'We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody."

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Some of the attitudes in this thread shock me, most of all the above. You've admitted we get to see less games, therefore prices staying the same would equal a per-game price rise anyway. And you're justifying a further rise by saying we'll sell less merchandise?!

Despite what some in this thread would like to believe, football can't be summed up using Economics 101, it goes much further than that. If we got promoted and the ticket price increased by more than 3% I'd be pissed off.

The Germans have got it right, a season ticket for the European Champions for only £150? And to sum it all up, this excellent quote from Munich's president:

"'We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us?
'In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan.
'We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody."

Spot on.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
? And to sum it all up, this excellent quote from Munich's president:

It is a great quote; I just hope that his successor at Bayern feels the same way, while Uli Hoeness gets to experience in prison what Arsenal's administrative team does to their fans...

Dec 29, 2011
It is a great quote; I just hope that his successor at Bayern feels the same way, while Uli Hoeness gets to experience in prison what Arsenal's administrative team does to their fans...

Don't the fans have a controlling share of Bayern? If they do it's likely they'd vote in a successor who shares the same views as Hoeness.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Don't the fans have a controlling share of Bayern? If they do it's likely they'd vote in a successor who shares the same views as Hoeness.

'Supporter Clubs' own over 80% of Bayern Munich.

Members of the Bundesliga have to operate on a 50+1 principle regarding ownership. i.e. fans must own more than 50% of the club.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Perhaps if you marketed the coffee machine yourself, you wouldn't have to slum it at the Emirates ???

Ha!

We're consulting engineers and scientists, not a product company, so we do contract R&D (little r, big D) for mostly medical device companies, but also some consumer brands.

I'm not going to the game; I'm sending a staff member who's a gooner. I've made the decision to offer the hospitality, but I don't want to go myself. Besides, we're at home that day!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I'm genuinely surprised that so many people think that the prices charged for corporate seats don't impact them financially. Of course, they don't impact us directly, but they sure as hell do indirectly.

In my OP, I said that the reason I was looking was because a client of my company wants to go. .

Very interesting perspective on it.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Corporate ticket a few weekends ago - as much beer and wine as I could drink between 1.30 and 6pm, best seats in the ground, (excellent) chicken curry for lunch, sandwiches after the game, a pre-match talk from the manager, Man of the Match presentation afterwards.

£30.

Mind you - it was Barrow.

Corporate ticket a few weekends ago - as much beer and wine as I could drink between 1.30 and 6pm, best seats in the ground, (excellent) chicken curry for lunch, sandwiches after the game, a pre-match talk from the manager, Man of the Match presentation afterwards.

£30.

Mind you - it was Barrow.

An away day to Barrow, now that takes me back 40 years (and a bit more).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here