Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheapest hospitality for Arsenal vs Citeh is £780 pp!

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
With thousands upon thousands of previously regular, loyal fans no doubt simply priced out of watching them now. With the amount of cash flowing into that club, its pretty revolting how they fleece their fans like this (bearing in mind you can get a season ticket at Man City for £299). They'll claim "supply and demand", and point to the fact that they still have season ticket waiting lists, as if this in some way justifies the ridiculous prices they impose, but whatever way you slice it, those prices stink (and I know Arsenal aren't alone in that, but they are by far the worst offenders).

I don't know how anyone could even begin to justify paying those prices. I certainly wouldn't.

The full list of cheapest / most expensive can be seen here

http://www.theguardian.com/news/dat...ier-league-ticket-prices-club-charge-the-most

As soon as you accept that football is a business then the high prices do become justified - the purpose of any business is to maximise revenue and profits for the benefit of the shareholder.

It could be argued that Amex prices were too low for the first two seasons as there was a waiting list for both season tickets and 1901 membership.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In Arsenal's defence they did have to build the Emirates Stadium so those prices are, in part, payback for the build cost.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
.......but it is supply & demand.......

they are London based, and the customer has a choice (currently) of 6 london based clubs, if no-one paid that price, they couldn't ask for it

back in my day, as a birthday treat for 5 chums, my mate's mum gave Allan the choice of star wars at the cinema or Arsenal at the goldstone as the price was very simular..........

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
back in my day, as a birthday treat for 5 chums, my mate's mum gave Allan the choice of star wars at the cinema or Arsenal at the goldstone as the price was very simular..........

Assuming that Allan was under 16, then the same isn't far from the truth today.

U-16 ticket for last season's home match v Arsenal were about £15. A cinema ticket isn't a lot less (which really IS bloody scandalous).

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
There is no reason, given promotion to the premier league, why our prices shouldn't remain stable or even go DOWN. Profits from tickets sold is such a small part of the top league gravy train. It would be lovely if loyal supporters were rewarded.

We would play fewer games, therefore there would be fewer opportunities for merchandise sales as well as food & drink sales. (23 home games vs 19 home games) This means lost revenue so prices will probably go up to compensate for this.

If we are selling out or close to selling out each game (27k crowd times 23 games = 621.000 versus 30.5k crowds times 19 games = 579.500 match tickets sold or 41.5k less match day tickets over a season)

With the increased costs of playing staff, tv money only goes so far and thats before you take into account the increased appeal and therefore demand for your product which can be sold for a higher price

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
Assuming that Allan was under 16, then the same isn't far from the truth today.

U-16 ticket for last season's home match v Arsenal were about £15. A cinema ticket isn't a lot less (which really IS bloody scandalous).

A kids ticket at Cineworld £5.40, so the footy ticket is nearly 200% more. A family ticket (2 adults, 2 kids is £22.14). So, the football is LOTS more expensive

Couldn't care less what corporate hospitality costs really - it's aimed at (big) business.
Yep. A banker with a £1 million salary and a bonus of £1.5 million is getting paid £6,850 a day (including weekends). If he wants to spend 11 per cent of a day's pay on a football match, he's not going to complain.

There are thousands of Albion fans who won't miss a single game who are paying a much higher proportion of their income to do so.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
i'm not sure what the problem is really

its marketed towards big businesses and the affluent, who can afford it - yes its VERY expensive, but this isnt the only way to watch the Arsenal

it doesnt negative affect the average fan (yes i know arsenal prices are expensive) so why are people crying about the 'working class game' when this is OBVIOUSLY not aimed towards the 'working class'

would you rather not see the more affluent (who are happy to spend MASSIVE amounts for the extra comfort) pay that much and instead see normal ticket prices rise for the average fan?

i dont see people crying at the massive difference in cost between first class and economy class on some airlines - whats the problem here then?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Arsenal also get the first £30m installment of their Puma shirt sponsorship deal this summer.

Plus Bendtner leaves :lolol: (another £2.5m boost to the kitty)

WONGA.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
i'm not sure what the problem is really

its marketed towards big businesses and the affluent, who can afford it - yes its VERY expensive, but this isnt the only way to watch the Arsenal

it doesnt negative affect the average fan (yes i know arsenal prices are expensive) so why are people crying about the 'working class game' when this is OBVIOUSLY not aimed towards the 'working class'

would you rather not see the more affluent (who are happy to spend MASSIVE amounts for the extra comfort) pay that much and instead see normal ticket prices rise for the average fan?

i dont see people crying at the massive difference in cost between first class and economy class on some airlines - whats the problem here then?

The problem isn't the corporate costs - as others have said, who cares what the suits (or more accurately their companies) are paying.

The problem is the price of season tickets for ordinairy fans there. If you can't see a problem with the cheapest ticket being £985, you're not looking hard enough. Arsenal could comfortably afford to subsidise their tickets to be more in line with average Premier League prices, but they choose not to. Instead, they choose to exploit their fanbase with the most expensive tickets in the country, probably Europe. Because they know they can.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm genuinely surprised that so many people think that the prices charged for corporate seats don't impact them financially. Of course, they don't impact us directly, but they sure as hell do indirectly.

In my OP, I said that the reason I was looking was because a client of my company wants to go. That client has asked us to design them an espresso coffee machine that can create 3 more bar of pressure than their existing top of the line model. In order to continue the excellent relationship with this client, my opinion is that we should entertain this client to a game of footie. He's chosen Arsenal v City. The cost of the game will be a cost to my business. I have to maintain my margins, so this cost (plus margin) will be passed on to the client. He has to maintain the margins in his business so the cost to him will be incorporated in his selling price for the coffee machine. Thus, every new coffee machine that he sells will contain a (small, admittedly) part of the cost of the game! So, in the majority of cases, the price of corporate hospitality does indeed affect us all, albeit to a small amount per person.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The problem isn't the corporate costs - as others have said, who cares what the suits (or more accurately their companies) are paying.

The problem is the price of season tickets for ordinairy fans there. If you can't see a problem with the cheapest ticket being £985, you're not looking hard enough. Arsenal could comfortably afford to subsidise their tickets to be more in line with average Premier League prices, but they choose not to. Instead, they choose to exploit their fanbase with the most expensive tickets in the country, probably Europe. Because they know they can.

Actually they probably couldn't thanks to a small thing called FFP.

As their total player wage exceeds £52M then any increase in their wage bill above £4M has to be funded from additional football revenue.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Agreed, but they'll go up, won't they?

Most probably, I agree.

We would play fewer games, therefore there would be fewer opportunities for merchandise sales as well as food & drink sales. (23 home games vs 19 home games) This means lost revenue so prices will probably go up to compensate for this.

If we are selling out or close to selling out each game (27k crowd times 23 games = 621.000 versus 30.5k crowds times 19 games = 579.500 match tickets sold or 41.5k less match day tickets over a season)

With the increased costs of playing staff, tv money only goes so far and thats before you take into account the increased appeal and therefore demand for your product which can be sold for a higher price

However, even so, as there are fewer games, the price, if held, is still a substantial increase game per game. It's one reason I am ambivalent about promotion. I guess if we are promoted, then I'll be over the moon but then again meh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here