Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton fans liked our ground.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I don't remember it being called The Amex then?

No, no, that's not how this conversation goes.

You're supposed to reply "Cover over the north stand? You were lucky!" :wrong:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I remember when it was about 8000 capacity and had a cover over the north stand and was in a different part of brighton.

Cover over the north stand ? You were lucky

I remember when it had no cover over the North Stand and was in a different town completely

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Was a very interesting read but what happened at half time? I assume because of what happened this was why the North stand , (west exit) was closed after the game .

I asked one of the staff at the burger bar, and he said it was because of trouble caused by Charlton fans before the game.

I think the fear was that home fans would rush out for a rematch, or something.

Odd as I thought we always got on well with Charlton, though I did see a group of them walking to the Amex coming out with the normal "does your boyfriend know your here" etc.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
"Can't fault the ground or the staff, pity the experience was ruined by a few idiots"

That'll be the Charlton team then.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Cover over the north stand ? You were lucky

I remember when it had no cover over the North Stand and was in a different town completely

But then I remember when the there was a roof over the north stand before it was decided a bit of wind might blow it down and also when there was a roof over the south stand and you stood, not sat. No park and ride though and station was a little further away. Good job they moved it!

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Hans Kraay suggested I would be mad to go home rather than away end. I went the former and even went for the fanciest ticket I could get (£42 central WSL by press box) despite having zero income at present. My mates were in the away end and left halfway through the second half partly because of how shit our team was and partly due to how shit the fans around them were. 'Seaside games' always bring out the scum. Am I unusual in that I will always go home end if I can in any away ground, as familiarity breeds contempt and I prefer scumbags I don't know to those I do? Surely it's not just me. Surely most civilised folk prefer a home end rather than the vile pit of sub-humanity that is an away end? Surely?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I hope they took lots of photos. After losing at home to Barnsley last night, their chances of seeing it again next season are slightly more precarious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here