Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton fans liked our ground.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There were several arrests (15 I was told) from Charlton. V surprising. Maybe the kids these days don't realise there's good feeling between the clubs and need to learn their history!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
'I actually went down on a Brighton supporters coach from my village of Burwash. A super, friendly , knowlegable group of people. The coach travel system - parking etc.- is excellent. I like the stadium a lot. Brilliant to be able to drink Harveys. Like the padded seats. The stewarding was good, despite the provocation of some of our 'fans'.'

More good PR for Seagulls Over Burwash :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
'I actually went down on a Brighton supporters coach from my village of Burwash. A super, friendly , knowlegable group of people. The coach travel system - parking etc.- is excellent. I like the stadium a lot. Brilliant to be able to drink Harveys. Like the padded seats. The stewarding was good, despite the provocation of some of our 'fans'.'

More good PR for Seagulls Over Burwash :)

He was in good company with you lot. :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can someone who's a member on there just point 'The Red Robin' the right way on a lot of what he said? 'Stadiums are us' has got my goat! Needs to learn the difference between mechano grounds and expensive bespoke ones! Also goes on to say Leicester & Derby are better grounds' OH the IRONY!!!!

I have to say I thought the police were very keyed up yesterday, had my first argument with one in all the years going to football. Didn't like me running across Brighton station for the train FFS

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I like the idea of getting feedback from opposing fans and what experience they had. It's not about wanting to hear how much they liked our ground, it's about getting "customer feedback" so that we can try and improve what we offer them so that they would want to come back and spend their hard earned cash at our ground.

What with more and more games being streamed and clubs missing out on revenue, we need to do all we can to make it a place where opposing fans want to come here.

So yes, whoever the Brighton fan is who goes onto opposing boards after the match to get their viewpoint good or bad and then let's the club knows those points, IMO is only a good thing.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This comment from JohnnyHumprey made me laugh...."The walk from the train to the away end is just over ten minutes."
He must have either had a zimmer frame, or was drunk and took two steps forward and one step back......???

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I heard some inside information that The Amex was designed so it could be expanded, not sure how true that is, though.

good attempt at a fishing trip

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Same here. WSU is a nightmare for getting a signal for me. Always.

The app worked a lot better for me yesterday, in WSU, with the new Hivecore app.

But it really drained my battery. I will need to be more selective when I switch the app off and on.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
No offence mate, but are we going to have one of these threads every time an away team likes our ground?

No offence mate, but I think it might just be you that is wound up by this thread. I found the link an interesting read.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It seems that most issues with The Amex, relate to getting away after a game. Once again none of them understand that no matter how convenient and easy transport links are, when there are 25000 to 30000 people leaving the same place at the same there will be some waiting involved. That is the situation whether it is 5pm or 10pm, warm, cold, wet, dry or snowing.

25000 to 30000 people will not all fit on the first buses or trains.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
It seems that most issues with The Amex, relate to getting away after a game. Once again none of them understand that no matter how convenient and easy transport links are, when there are 25000 to 30000 people leaving the same place at the same there will be some waiting involved. That is the situation whether it is 5pm or 10pm, warm, cold, wet, dry or snowing.

25000 to 30000 people will not all fit on the first buses or trains.

THIS.

I went to the O2 recently and had to wait over THIRTY MINUTES can you believe to even enter the station! Why won't someone think of the children. :flounce:

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Was a very interesting read but what happened at half time? I assume because of what happened this was why the North stand , (west exit) was closed after the game .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here