Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton Card - We need your help for our Fans United day

BlueWhite

Dec 28, 2003
Perhaps the biggest and most significant protest Albion fans were involved with in the campaign to save the club was against York City, then on the brink of promotion. That was the day of the pitch invasion and the breaking of the goalposts forcing the game to be called off, attracting huge publicity and tipping the struggle against Archer in our favour. The York City fans were totally supportive on that occasion, applauding the pitch invasion and some even joined in. Let's hope the new and older generations of Albion fans can be as supportive to Charlton's plight on Saturday. (I think the rearranged York match was on a Thursday morning??? And York were promoted.)

charltoncard

Apr 5, 2016
In answer to the questions on coaches I would just say yes that would have annoyed me too, we are just fans trying to stop our club being destroyed its hard to answer for decisions made by the club but fair enough.

In terms of why we are unhappy it's not about the losing, we support Charlton we are quite good at losing on the whole it's about someone treating our club as a toy.

Here is a link to a decent article on what's happened:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jan/21/charlton-jose-riga-relegation-valley-doom

Thanks again for the supportive comments it's good to feel people are willing to help and we genuinely appreciate it.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Wouldn't it have been common courtesy to ask for our help before issuing your statement yesterday, rather than asking for it today? Or did you just automatically assume it would be forthcoming? ???

Some Brighton fans have already spoken to CARD about helping with their protests. NSC is not all Brighton fans.

charltoncard

Apr 5, 2016
We have around 40 Brighton fans who had contacted us offering help before the statement went out which was amazing.

We were not making assumptions apologies if it looked as such.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I’m sorry about my lack of fraternal spirit, but Charlton fans are threatening to disrupt an unthinkably crucial game for our club. Why would I want to connive in that?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Charlton confuse me , they have probably two of the best attacking players in the championship in Ventokele and Lookman yet will be playing league 1 footy next season , i wish the protesters well enough and will no doubt wave my white primark undercrackers in defiance but we seriously need to back our own team for this one i will be most happy to come away with 3 points however we get them .

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I can't make Saturday, but fully support Charlton fans in their quest. Good Luck.

Me too. Sorry I can't make the game, and that I can't lend you my support

All the very best with getting these imposters out of your club.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yup, nailed it , I can't believe or understand why any Albion fans aren't concentrating 100% on supporting OUR team and ensuring we get the 3 points

Sorry I fail to understand why, as a supporter, we need to 'concentrate' on watching a game of football, do you have ADHD?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If this bit of the OP's post So this weekend, to clear something up from the start, we have no intention of getting the match abandoned and we are not aware of any other group of supporters doing so either. We understand this is a big day for you on the pitch as it is for us off it.turns out to be true, very happy to support. Good luck in getting rid of them

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yup, nailed it , I can't believe or understand why any Albion fans aren't concentrating 100% on supporting OUR team and ensuring we get the 3 points

If we win or not on Saturday, if we get promoted or not, we will have the Albion to support next year. There was a time in recent memory when we couldn't be confident of that. During that time, some fans of other clubs put our needs before their own.

No Brighton fan is going to support Charlton after kick-off on Saturday. As the result is irrelevant to them and they dislike the owners, I suspect that some Charlton fans also won't, especially if they feel kinship with a group of friends who have shown their solidarity, and for whom the result does matter.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair I don't think the charlton fans did that. I suspect it was someone from marketing.

I

And the same ones in marketing that advertised at Brighton station Premier League football and free coaches on the billboard outside Btn station when we were playing at Gillingham.

And no doubt whoever was in charge of transfers (when we really WERE in the shit) bidding £50k for John Robinson when Lloyd valued him at £250k. They had just sold Rob Lee for £700k to the Toon. This was when tribunals favoured the buying team. End result £75k. Thank god a few months later Howard Wilkinson paid over the odds for Mark Beeney so we avoided the winding up order.

I wish them luck but sadly they wont get any support from me. Im OUT.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Charlton confuse me , they have probably two of the best attacking players in the championship in Ventokele and Lookman yet will be playing league 1 footy next season , i wish the protesters well enough and will no doubt wave my white primark undercrackers in defiance but we seriously need to back our own team for this one i will be most happy to come away with 3 points however we get them .

You can do both.

Support the protest before and after the game, and scream your bollocks off for the Albion during the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here