Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton Card - We need your help for our Fans United day

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
I'm 100% behind the Charlton fans' protest, and hope we will all be very vocal in support on Saturday. The thing that concerns me is the chance that - should we go 2 or 3 up in the first half (just saying) - things get nasty in the home end....with a possible pitch invasion, etc. No matter what feelings of sympathy I have for Charlton's plight, I will be extremely pi$$ed off if the home fans do anything which could threaten our promotion chances. Hopefully this doesn't sound too selfish, but I'm worried!

I share your concerns, this game has definitely come at the wrong time of the season. We should be favourites to win but in these circumstances I fear anything could happen.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not all Albion fans will be so CHARITABLE to them if we do LOSE because things on the pitch have been affected by stuff off of it

I don't think you're crediting the players here. I'm pretty certain the Albion can use their own motivations to perform at the level necessary. If we slip up, then we'll have ourselves to blame and nobody else. However, I'm certain that given the wind in our sails and our ability that we can win this game - although I'd never take anything for granted.

Full support for CARD.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'm 100% behind the Charlton fans' protest, and hope we will all be very vocal in support on Saturday. The thing that concerns me is the chance that - should we go 2 or 3 up in the first half (just saying) - things get nasty in the home end....with a possible pitch invasion, etc. No matter what feelings of sympathy I have for Charlton's plight, I will be extremely pi$$ed off if the home fans do anything which could threaten our promotion chances. Hopefully this doesn't sound too selfish, but I'm worried!

The Charlton fans don't actually seem to care about losing tomorrow. Their battle is off the pitch and a lot of them are saying on this thread that they are grateful for the support from Brighton's away contingent and that they hope that BHA get the result we need.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/72776/card-statement-2-brighton-home-game

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My only concern is that off pitch issues will be disruptive to our on pitch performance. Disjointed play won't suit us and frustration can build affecting our play and the result
That said it would be hypocritical to do anything other than support Charlton fans 100%
Just keeping my fingers crossed!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Jeez, some people on here have short memories. The actions of the Charlton FANS when we were in trouble warrants our support now. Anything the marketing department or board did is irrelevant as far as I am concerned. Not only is it a different regime, the board is the target of the protests.

I'm hoping to be there with my eight year old in tow (covering his ear a lot no doubt).

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Question please

The London marathon passes through Charlton/Greenwich area - have any Charlton
fans got plans to line the route with peaceful protest banners? That would reach a world wide
tv audience. Surely an idea?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Jeez, some people on here have short memories. The actions of the Charlton FANS when we were in trouble warrants our support now. Anything the marketing department or board did is irrelevant as far as I am concerned. Not only is it a different regime, the board is the target of the protests.

I'm hoping to be there with my eight year old in tow (covering his ear a lot no doubt).

Nail. Head

Not hit, but obliterated

The fans supported us, they did not organise the coaches.

Lush

Mods' Pet
March starting from outside Charlton Liberal Club at 2pm. Not far from the station.

Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 13.14.58.png

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
There has to be more chance of the Burnley game, in two weeks time being disrupted and, dare I say it, abandoned if the Charlton fans "do a Blackpool".

Our match finishes at Boro, with us 2 points clear of Burnley whose game at Charlton has been abandoned because of the home fans. Go on then Football League, sort that one out...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Our match finishes at Boro, with us 2 points clear of Burnley whose game at Charlton has been abandoned because of the home fans. Go on then Football League, sort that one out...

We're promoted because Joey Barton is a ****?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Question please

The London marathon passes through Charlton/Greenwich area - have any Charlton
fans got plans to line the route with peaceful protest banners? That would reach a world wide
tv audience. Surely an idea?

That is a geat idea. Get round the Cutty Sark with a few banners. Millions will see them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here