Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton Athletic vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If ou think Barnes & CMS goal scoring chance to conversion rate can be compared to a Man U midfielder then that is up to you. But you know, as does every other open minded, non sheep, in the 26,000 we get down the Amex that they have missed sitter after sitter and our midfield just cant do any more for them. They deserve some stick and if there is anything about them, they will understand that as well.

Well I am sure that they appreciate your support.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Feb 14, 2010
Don't worry about the one above you. He's not Brighton.

Not Brighton? Well I have about 58 league grounds and over 30/35 years following the Albion. Punters are allowed to call it the way it is. Its up to Barnes & CMS to get it right or they will get deserved stick

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Seagulls Player connected up to BBC Sussex

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That Christmas carol on the radio is fecking horrendous.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Not Brighton? Well I have about 58 league grounds and over 30/35 years following the Albion. Punters are allowed to call it the way it is. Its up to Barnes & CMS to get it right or they will get deserved stick

Oh whoopy

Feb 14, 2010
Thanks! What's the point in being miserable before the match has even started! I am just waiting for the explosion of negativity once the team is announced!

Calling it the way it is is not negative. Its the reverse. You dont get change until you face up to a problem. I think we will win today, Barnes or CMS might even score, they might have a good game, but and its a big but, Poyet has to make a decision, are hey good enough? For the last year or so they have not been. To bury your head in the sand about it might make you look all nice but it doesn't help change things.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Calling it the way it is is not negative. Its the reverse. You dont get change until you face up to a problem. I think we will win today, Barnes or CMS might even score, they might have a good game, but and its a big but, Poyet has to make a decision, are hey good enough? For the last year or so they have not been. To bury your head in the sand about it might make you look all nice but it doesn't help change things.

My point is that you need to support the team on the pitch.

Poyet has said he is not happy with the situation several times, but he is not going to go and buy any old player to replace what we have. Patience is required.

If CMS and Barnes play today, support them. That is all I am am saying

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

But then having a different view to you isent necessarily burying ones head in the sand

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Source? It says 37 from 111 league games on Wiki

Without looking it up, I would presume it's 37 in 88 starts, and 37 from 111 appearances. The former is a little disingenuous as some of his goals have come from sub appearances.

Alright, I'll look at my records:

2009/10
4 starts (2 goals)
4 sub (2 goals)

2010/11
38 Starts (16 goals)
11 Sub (4 goals)

2011/12
41 starts (12 goals)
9 Subs (2 goals)

2012/13
18 Starts (4 goals)
2 Subs (0 goals)

Overall
101 Starts (34 goals)
26 sub (8 goals)

This is more work than I expected, I didn't keep league and cup separate until this season. Off to espnsoccernet:

2009/10
League 4 starts (4subs) - 4goals

2010/11
League 31 (11) - 18
Cup 7 (0) - 2

2011/12
League 36 (7) - 11
Cup 5 (2) - 3

2012/13
League 17 (2) - 4
Cup 1 (0) - 0

Overall
League 88 (24) - 37
Cup 13 (2) - 5

I guess wikipedia hasn't been updated to include palace.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads

If we do win and either Barnes or CMS score you might not have anything to moan about, but its a big but.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here