Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Charlton Athletic v Brighton and Hove Albion OFFICIAL Match Thread***

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
So who's been to the Valley? I have vague recollections of a Poskett hat-trick but don't remember the year, and a 1-0 win with a first minute goal, maybe on New Year's Day in the early 90's.

The 1-0 win was New Years Day 86, I'm certain. Eric Young header, I was there, it was freezing. Big cheer for Tony Towner when he came on as sub for Charlton.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Bloody hell NIcky... stick it in!!!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Forster needs to convert more chances - great we are getting them, bad we are not converting

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fozzy gets contact on the ball but goes it goes straight to the keeper

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So who's been to the Valley? I have vague recollections of a Poskett hat-trick but don't remember the year, and a 1-0 win with a first minute goal, maybe on New Year's Day in the early 90's.

was there for the Poskett hat-trick opposite the lego stand

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The 1-0 win was New Years Day 86, I'm certain. Eric Young header, I was there, it was freezing. Big cheer for Tony Towner when he came on as sub for Charlton.

Tony must have been old then,,, I remember him cominng for the Albion ten years earlier!

portlander

Jul 16, 2003
Portland, Maine, USA

Only a decade off then. Nowt wrong with my memory

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

3-4 defeat in the late seventies at the Old Valley in the old Division Two and out first defeat of the season. Gerry Fell was playing and Wardy scored two.

More Albion fans than Charlton in a 19,000 crowd. Their previous home crowd was 6,000. Best away atmosphere ever.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here