Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Charlton Athletic v Brighton and Hove Albion OFFICIAL Match Thread***

Oct 2, 2008
:lolol: yes good one

Yes we should be positive after a result like that but we are far from home and dry.

Nothing wrong with your optimism but NSC is either "we're doomed" or "we should make a late charge for the play offs"

A healthy dose of realism. Great result tonight but we are not out of trouble yet.......desperately need all 3 points on Saturday. Surely we have to win at home eventually ?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
:love::love:

Attachments

• seagulls1.jpg
    seagulls1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 400

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Just seen their goal on SSN what the hell was Brezevan doing, if he had'nt charged out of goal they would never have scored. Just as well we were two goals up, as he would have been slated on here if we lost two points over that. Saying that great result and onwards and upwards:lol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Apart from the slip up at the end that was f@cking magic. Charlton not at the races at all, you'd have thought it was us at the top of the table.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
A superb performance in front of a very, very good turnout - always a bonus when they make it pay on the gate, as I'm sure it boosts the attendance significantly.

Not quite sure why all the fuss over LuaLua though - nippy and tricky yes, but needs an end product. Could come on nicely, though. I also thought that Holroyd's runs were, frankly, too good for the through balls he was obviously looking for - he looks a good player. If the ball had been played a bit quicker on a couple of occasions, he'd have been in on goal. I'm confident we've got enough to stay up, but could we just win a couple of home games please, lads? It'd be ever so much appreciated. Ta.

Palace15

Banned
Nov 12, 2009
Great Job BHA!!!!

You are keeping the f***ing clowns from moving up, while you yourselves won't be moving up. Way to kill two birds with one stone. :thumbsup: You know, us Palace supporters don't really respect you (because you take it up the arse most of the time:laugh:), but tonight you really made all of us in SE25 proud!

Congrats.

Stig (CAFC)

Feb 24, 2010
Just wanted to say well done. You had the one of the biggest away crowds we've had this season, and certainly the noisest. Your team played the better football and certainly wanted it more. It was a well deserved win. If you play like that every week you've got no worries. Good luck for the rest of the season. Don't worry about Palace15, I think he/she/it is just jealous 'cos they won't have a team to support next year. Funny really, because they always tell us, that they aren't bothered with us. We know that's a lie though.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
When I saw Calderons goal live I thought: great shot placed into the corner. Just seen a replay, huge deflection :lol:
Bennets was a cracker though :thumbsup:

Great performance, a little annoyed I didn't have a little wager on it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A superb performance in front of a very, very good turnout - always a bonus when they make it pay on the gate, as I'm sure it boosts the attendance significantly.

Not quite sure why all the fuss over LuaLua though - nippy and tricky yes, but needs an end product. Could come on nicely, though. I also thought that Holroyd's runs were, frankly, too good for the through balls he was obviously looking for - he looks a good player. If the ball had been played a bit quicker on a couple of occasions, he'd have been in on goal. I'm confident we've got enough to stay up, but could we just win a couple of home games please, lads? It'd be ever so much appreciated. Ta.
Its funny because I actually felt that Holroyd was telgeraphing his runs a bit. Too often, he set off too early, alerting his defender to the danger as he did so, so that by the time the ball was played, he was invariably closed down.

Agree with you about LuaLua. Class act, scared their defence but he doesn't look like he can last an entire game. Maybe that will come with match practice.

Palace15

Banned
Nov 12, 2009
Don't worry about Palace15, I think he/she/it is just jealous 'cos they won't have a team to support next year. Funny really, because they always tell us, that they aren't bothered with us. We know that's a lie though.

Really? Because I thought there was a two way race for ownership of the team.???

And I'm not really sure what that last part means, but we are really bothered with you, ye f***ing clown tossers.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Really? Because I thought there was a two way race for ownership of the team.???

And I'm not really sure what that last part means, but we are really bothered with you, ye f***ing clown tossers.

Alright ladies chill out! you should be happy on this fine evening because we got all 3 points at the valley

Stig (CAFC)

Feb 24, 2010

You're quite right there is a two way race for ownership, it's between Agilo and HMRC ha ha ha ;-)

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well, that was really a very enjoyable evening - apart from the nerves, and the fact that the first 33 minutes of the second half seemed to take about three hours. The difference between one point and three, as it was on Saturday, was massive and to lose another two would have been a huge blow. Bennett's goal had everything you want, all but made the game safe, in front of the away fans, and a stunning strike.

Lots of them played well, but I'd have given the m-o-m award jointly to Crofts and Dicker. With Charlton it is all about Nicky Bailey and how he plays, and him and Racon got their arses royally kicked in midfield tonight, which meant they never really had a sniff.

I was in the main stand tonight, and the away support looked and sounded magnificent, must have been 3,000 or so which for a team in the bottom three midweek is little short of astounding.

If you were being picky you would be a bit horrified at the late gaffe, it was a terrible blunder and if that had still been 1-0 it could have been very, very costly - I think Gus would either have shot those most culpable, or possibly himself. Happily, that wasn't the case...

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Its funny because I actually felt that Holroyd was telgeraphing his runs a bit. Too often, he set off too early, alerting his defender to the danger as he did so, so that by the time the ball was played, he was invariably closed down.

Agree with you about LuaLua. Class act, scared their defence but he doesn't look like he can last an entire game. Maybe that will come with match practice.

I thought Holroyds runs were good, however quite a few times he set off down one channel, had to check back because the pass wasn't played and we was going to be offside, then he started another run down another channel which, if the ball had been played into would have seen he get away and through on goal. However, unfortunately the through ball was too often played the opposite side to his run (original channel) and by the time Holroyd adjusted his run to this, the defender had recovered (which may have made it look like it was telegraphed.)

With time and greater understanding, i am sure that we can feed the ball to him better and use his runs to a greater effect.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Who was that twat at the ground for SSN last night? Every time they came to him he was "Charlton had a good effort just then" nothing about us and even with minutes to go at 2-0 he was "All Charlton need is one goal and they're back in it" Is he ex-Charlton or something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here