Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Changes to the Current Football Rules

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Watching Man U V PNE.
Di Maria got tackled and both commentators said good challenge. If there was any contact it was his ankle but he rolled over and over clutching his knee.

Cheat = 5 match ban. That would stop this crepe!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Same games as above.

Rooney clearly offside but see as not interfiering because he didnt touch it. Complete tosh.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I have to be honest and say that I'm not fully au fait with the interfering with play aspect of offside. Is the rule that you are only interfering if you touch it? If that's the case, surely you'd see attackers running across the line of the keepers view all the time to gain an advantage. Rooney was definitely involved in play.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nobody as yet come up with the answer of when the offside rule was changed from a defender touching the ball automatically played an attacker onside

At the game against Leeds a chap came up to me with a print out showing that the rule whereby a player was played onside if an opponent touched the ball last was changed in 1978.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
At the game against Leeds a chap came up to me with a print out showing that the rule whereby a player was played onside if an opponent touched the ball last was changed in 1978.
I remember it was called 'being played on'. Bring it back I say - it would stop teams farting around at the back and passing it back to the GK all the time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nobody seemed to have heard or remembered it but I was fairly sure.

If anybody is interested it can be read on The History of Offside by Julian Carosi on www.corshamref.org.uk
It says, "This website was permanently closed on 7th April 2012. Many thanks to all of you who have used this website over the years. Best wishes to you all, and keep up the good work. Regards from Julian."

Never mind! I clearly remember it in the sixties (the played on rule, not the website!)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It says, "This website was permanently closed on 7th April 2012. Many thanks to all of you who have used this website over the years. Best wishes to you all, and keep up the good work. Regards from Julian."

Never mind! I clearly remember it in the sixties (the played on rule, not the website!)

That being the case how did Paul manage to download and print it last week. It is too obscure a subject for him to have done it previously and saved it, just in case.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That would cause too many arguments as there are many now was he tripped or did he dive. Thd clever ones are those like Callum Wilson of AFCB who trips himself to win penalties.

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
I find the time wasting a real pain so.

Don't stop the game for substitutions. Let the 3rd official organise it while the game goes on

40 minute halfs but the clock stops when the ball is out of play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here