Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sanchez
Veltman - White - Webster
Lamptey - Bis - Alzate - March
Lallana or Gross
Welbz - Maupay​

It feels wrong to drop Dunk, even though I know it won’t happen irl, but I think he’s been in poor form this season, as has Ryan.

It's not just you, For some reason Dunky seems to be a shadow of his former self this season. I really hope it's temporary.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Lallana and a Lamptey availability notwithstanding, we need one change: Goalkeeper.

Throwing in a 23 year old whose senior career has mostly been in the 3rd tier and has only played one senior game with the club would however be a big call to make.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Our best attacking line up is undeniably with Lamptey and March as wingbacks.

For this to be effective we need to have a settled 3 at CB.
But which is our best line up at CB?
On current form, I would say Veltman, White, Webster.
They are all better at playing on the right. Despite our wealth of riches at CB we do appear to have a gap on the left.
After tonight, I can't see BDB being rushed into the role.
Webster has been sacrificed this season and has picked up the role, but it has hurt his performances somewhat.
Dunk is not the same player in this formation either.

It's the area where we need to focus on in my opinion.
No idea what the answer is unfortunately.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

They are all better at playing on the right. Despite our wealth of riches at CB we do appear to have a gap on the left.
Webster has been sacrificed this season and has picked up the role, but it has hurt his performances somewhat.

More than a striker, LWB, GK etc it does seem the player we needed to sign most was a left footed CB.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Would definitely play Sanchez for Ryan , Bernado is a possibility for LB but that would mean playing a back four . Izquierdo cant be far away from a return , and Jahanbakhsh did well last night , i thought he was well up for it . But i would start : Sanchez - Veltman white Webster - Lamptey Lallana Bissouma Trossard March - Welbeck Maupay .

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Sanchez
Veltman - White - Webster
Lamptey - Bis - Alzate - March
Lallana or Gross
Welbz - Maupay​

It feels wrong to drop Dunk, even though I know it won’t happen irl, but I think he’s been in poor form this season, as has Ryan.

Agreed. Although I'd also be tempted to play AJ instead of Maupay up front!

A few players need a bit of a wake up call, and we need some leadership which seems to have gone walkabout

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I dunno but I really hope Lallana is back (probably not though). Its night and day difference with him on the pitch.

Absolutely this.

When he is on the pitch we look like a fluid, competent and organised team. Without him it all looks a bit stop/start and haphazard, at least imo.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Agreed. Although I'd also be tempted to play AJ instead of Maupay up front!

A few players need a bit of a wake up call, and we need some leadership which seems to have gone walkabout

I would try Zequiri with Welbeck. We've no idea what Z can offer, but I feel we're getting little from Maupay/Connolly at the moment and need to try something different. I still think that Welbeck is more of a threat at the moment (even though he missed badly) than Maupay or Connolly, and nobody knows how Zequiri plays, so the opposition can't really prepare against him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Didn't Dunk tend to play on the left side of Duffy? Would have thought trying him on the left of the three might have been an idea.
Veltman - White - Dunk maybe?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ryan
Lamptey White Dunk Webster March
Bissouma Alzate
Gross Connolly
Welbeck

Lallana in for Alzate if fit.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Go back to tried and tested early season formula

Ryan
Lamptey
Webster
Dunk
White
March
Bissouma
Alzate
Gross or preferably a fit Lallana
Maupay
Welbeck

I would say play them every week to bed the team in but now we come to 5 games in 17 games so you can't.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Still amazed that between Dunk, White, Webster & Burn that they've only managed 1 goal between them all season. With their heighs you'd expect more but never look like scoring.

Vestegaard has 4 alone so far !!!!

Oh and team for Fulham.........god only knows but I hope Lallana and Lamptey are available.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Didn't Dunk tend to play on the left side of Duffy? Would have thought trying him on the left of the three might have been an idea.
Veltman - White - Dunk maybe?

Isn't that were he played for England too? Or was that a 4?
But Potter likes to play with a 3 where the 2 wider players so advanced and wide i just don't think Dunk could hope. He is looking so lost when he is getting stretched. He loves the penalty box- that is where is at his best.

The fact is, Potter wants to play a formation that negates the best parts of our best defenders game, and that relies on (most ideally) a left footed, ball playing defender which we don't have...
This is one of the fundamental problems of our season so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here